Port wines available on board

drosphot

Someone like zydecocruiser will post the brands, I have seen them posted in the MDR once on a menu, since many consider it a dessert wine. I drink port as my primary wine and is what I carry onboard as my allowable wine. I haul a bottle as does my wife and sister for me. Occasionally I'll haul a madiera as well.

I don't believe you will find a Port included in any of the wine packages. You may be able to order some from the Bon Voyage Dept. I know that they do have Graham's Six Grapes listed on the Dinner menu as being available as an after dinner drink so you could possibly buy a bottle on board.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of just bringing two bottles as carry on, the wife likes it as a regular wine as well. I'm a craft beer drinker that drinks vodka or rum on a cruise but have been liking the Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir on the last couple of cruises for dinner so was looking into the wine packages.

Port and Madiera, fortified wines, are totally okay to bring aboard as your "Free" bottle on Carnival.

The original poster is my kind of folks, I too am primarily a craft beer drinker, but on cruises where beer is financially off limits ( except in port) I drink Rum and Port. Rum ( Goslings Black Seal) often straight up neat from a B.V. bottle or the aforementioned port.

Archived