Suggestions on boarding times in Miami for the Glory?

palmbaytish

My family (me, hubby and daughter) are cruising on the Glory on 3/25 and we were wondering how soon they start letting people on board. Honestly, for the life of me I can't remember when we actually got on board when we sailed the Liberty last March (I want to say we arrived around noon-ish) but I remember it took a while for our group to be called. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise so we're not VIP's, but I was just wondering what y'all suggested as a good arrival time, so we can get on board and our daughter can enjoy the pool before it gets too crowded.

As an FYI we are driving down to Miami that morning and it takes us about 3 hours (with a pit stop figured in).

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

-Stephanie

Can't speak to the Glory specifically but we have sailed several times from Miami and generally it's been the same with CCL regardless of port including San Juan.

We arrive between 9:30 and 10:00 and will usually have Zone 2 boarding right after VIPs and special guests. The rule has been that we have boarded and are enjoying a nice lunch on the Lido by 11:45 on average. It's been as early as 11:00 and as late as 12:15 but never later in 10 cruises. I know that there can be delays that could push those times back but I guess we have been lucky.

Nothing better than being on early and letting that vacation thing begin!;)

2 weeks ago I believe we were ON the ship by 11 am. It was early because we had a wait to get to out rooms. (They open rooms between 1 and 1:30):)

How was your Glory cruise? By any chance did you go to the piano bar? I am eager to find out if the player we will have is any good!

Thanks for the timing suggestions!

We had a wonderful time. Unfortunately we did not go to the piano bar. It was just DD (12) and I, so most evenings we were outside watching the movies. Love the ship though, I thought the food, entertainment we did see, and the service was all very good.

Go to the Mongolian Wok as soon as you board. Its delicious and the shortest the line will be all week!

And if youre outside on the Lido in the evening, and you see a young man named Emmanual working at the bar (across fro the Wok and where the popcorn is) please tell him Miss Emily says hi! When he would see DD coming, he knew exactly what kind of soda she wanted and had popcorn ready for her! :D

Early as possible. I've been at the port as early as 8:30 am. Stood around quite awhile but was one of the very first on.

Doesn't matter now that I've hit platinum, but if not I'd get there early (like 10) and at least get an earlier boarding number. Let the party begin! :D

Archived