crown food - bistro worth it?

The Bistro was certainly a more elegant and relaxed dining experience than any of the other restaurants on board the Crown (I particularly like that they had some of the original Crown crockery in use in le Bistro). I don't think the $15 cover charge was out of line for the meal we had.

Phil

I agree with Phil. Le Bistro was very nice for a more intimate dinner. We treated ourselves on the very first night. Much quieter than the rest of the dining areas.

5/9/04 Crown to Bermuda!

You can have an appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert. All the meals on the ship are like this. The cover charge is just for being in a nicer atmosphere. You can get a table for 2 which is not really possible in the main restaurant. I had the filet mignon, and my husband had salmon. I can't even remember the rest of the meal. It's all a blur now. So much food in the week that followed!

5/9/04 Crown to Bermuda!

Look for a price special on your first night on board ~~~ half-price ($7.50) between 5:30 and 6:30 PM. We enjoyed it so much that we went again later in the week for the regular price. I think there was an appetizer with smoked salmon, also one of escargot (and the snails were excellent). One of the soups not to miss is the Forest Mushroom in a bread bowl ~~~yummy!

There are several wonderful desserts on the dessert tray but the chocolate fondue was the best of all. Be sure to ask about it. Plan on spending a minimum of 2 hours for dinner, maybe longer if you have wine. The waiters don't hurry you and it is truly a wonderful dining experience. No hustle or bustle, just great service and food. ENJOY!

Choose2Cruise, Albuquerque,NM

They didn't offer the half price deal on our cruise. A lot of things change week to week, so you cannot totally rely on another cruiser's experience.But even at $15, Le Bistro is a nice treat.

5/9/04 Crown to Bermuda!

Agree, the Bistro is truly wonderful. The half price special was only offered on the first night. We went twice and found the food and atmosphere well worth the small cover charge. The menu does not change (have done Crown, Dream and Wind). I think the Crown has a better location for the restaurant. On the Dream/Wind you are right next to a heavy traffic area that is only separated by curtains. On the Dream/Wind we actually were able to "walk-in" twice when we found that the dining room line was fairly long (formal night).

Archived