Allure of the Seas November 25, 2012 Post Thanksgiving

smoosh21

Hi all! Would really love to go on this cruise but can't justify spending the money for the balcony single supplement (I lost my partner/cruise buddy two years ago). :( It's not the itinerary so much but the fact that it's a Pied Piper cruise on the Allure - have never been on one of their cruises but have heard so many good things about them. Thinking it would be a good way to experience them and the Allure at the same time.....Thought about using the share service with PP but committing to sharing a room for 8 days with a perfect stranger that I haven't met seems pretty risky. Anyone know of other singles in the Lauderdale area who might be in the same situation. I think getting to meet someone prior to the cruise would make me feel better about sharing a cabin with them. Let me know if anyone knows of anyone! Art

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys! Excited yet... or WHAT?!?!

Got this cruise for my partner Dave's combined Christmas/B-day gift last Dec, and glad to find there's a thread here 'bout it! Good God... I've been dreamin' of this one for a while now!

This is our 2nd PP Post T-day cruise... the last one was on RCI's Liberty of the Seas a few years back. I REALLY wanted to go on the last one, but had to attend a family event. Was so pissed, I booked this one immediately! Leave it to PP to find the "biggest and most faaaaabulous ship at sea" to have their annual soiree on!

Really splurged this time... been movin' up the ladder over 9 cruises, and this time... got an "Owner's Suite"! WAY over my head, but just paid it off... and can't wait to see what it feels like to "be rich", if just for 7 days! WOO HOO!!! We'll have to go back to doin' destinations again, as I know I can't afford this again... and we all know "you can't go backwards" when it comes to doin' this kinda stuff.

PP always waits 'til the last second to produce an itinerary for their sponsored events... a drag, but ALWAYS worth the wait! They BLEW US AWAY on the last Post T-day we were on... the parties were AWESOME! I can't believe we get to 1.) Be with hundreds of other professional middle-aged homo's 2.) do it for LESS than regular fare, and 3.) get GREAT perks, like parties and such! It's SUCH a GREAT DEAL, no matter HOW ya slice it!!!

NCRay... you're right around the corner (I'm only an hour from CLT)! This is also a "mid life crisis" time for me... I'm 47, and just lost the last pound of 30 myself! I've been a regular gym-goer too (3 years now)... and hope to party like heck with ya, man! We'll be the prettiest boys (in our age group, of course) by the pool!!!! :cool:

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Paul (& David, too!)

Hi Paul and David. Welcome.

I just booked the excursions via PP external offerings. I didn't do the beach bash last year and regretted it. So... Made sure it am doing it this year.

Also sailing/ snorkeling in st Thomas.

What's every body else doing.

Only 55 days before the cruise! my partner and one of our friend are looking forward to the trip. We are flying in a couple of days earlier to enjoy some of the sun.

Quick question, I heard PP organized lots of events etc, but anyone of you signing up for the Cruise Critic meet and greet as well? We have attended two of those in the past and one of them was a blast, the other was so so. I am just trying to figure out if we should sign up again and if other 'family' will be there..

anyway looking forward to the trip, our first PP, but our 3rd cruise on RCI.

Stephane (& Brad)

• 2 weeks later...
Only 55 days before the cruise! my partner and one of our friend are looking forward to the trip. We are flying in a couple of days earlier to enjoy some of the sun.

Quick question, I heard PP organized lots of events etc, but anyone of you signing up for the Cruise Critic meet and greet as well? We have attended two of those in the past and one of them was a blast, the other was so so. I am just trying to figure out if we should sign up again and if other 'family' will be there..

anyway looking forward to the trip, our first PP, but our 3rd cruise on RCI.

Stephane (& Brad)

Thanks for reminding me, I still need to sign us up

Pied Piper sent us an e-mail and it looks like all their excursions are going to be organised by PortPromotions.com.

There's a 4.5 hour "snorkel adventure" or 2.5 hour Highlights tour of Nassau, the 5 hour beach bash or 2.5 hour tour in St Maarten and a 2.5 hour highlights tour of St Thomas.

We're not ones for snorkelling or beach bashing, so we'll probably do our own thing. We'll be there to have a relaxing week and with the evenings so full (costume parties, movie night, Leslie Jordan etc) it'll be nice to not worry about getting off the ship in time for an excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that parking on or near the Drive is going to be very tight, especially on Saturday night, so may want to consider somewhere near the cruise port where more cruisers will be staying. Also there is a great new bar across from Georgie's called the Village Pub which is a blast.

Archived