How can I surpirse my husband???

LUV THE SEA

We are sailing on March 3rd...we have an interior cabin and someone told me to wait until the week before because it appears that there are a lot of balconies and sometimes you can get a great deal... if you call the cruise line...since I booked directly with carnival..

First of all is that true??? Also if it can be done...is there another method of payment you can use do that it does not show up on the credit card

Does anyone know when they normally start dropping the price is it a week before or a few days before...should I keep calling my PVP...or should I just call her and ask her to contact me if they become available..

He has been so wonderful that I would love to surprise him---we have never been in a balcony...and I would love to give him that gift...

There is no way to really know if the price will drop, its amazing how one day there could be lots of cabins, then in a matter of hours....zero. I would just keep checking.

Also check this link for pack n go rates, often you can pay for an upgrade to a Balcony GTY. It will list deals from wed-fri

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

Watch for price drops. I did this and upgraded us from an ocean view to an aft (extended) balcony for $250 on our upcoming cruise.

Just a word of warning, I was planning on surprising my husband. It was a good thing his phone died, because Carnival emailed him the booking change. So luckily, he didn't see it until after I told him. But otherwise, it could have ruined it for me. (Because of his work, he has his phone set so he gets emails instantly without having to log on)

ETA: I kept doing fake booking on carnival's website, when it dropped to a price I was comfortable with, I called my PVP and had her upgrade us.

You are within about 2 weeks of sailing. It is time to make the upgrade if you are going to. If the ship were not close to full by this time you could expect to see price drops already, but since March 3rd is the first week of spring break I would not expect to see any rate drops, or cabins to be available much longer.

Archived