Grand Cayman port??!!

rae.holmes

Where does Carnival dock in grand cayman?

and does anyone know if there is a senior frogs or margaritavill type place near the port?

Grand Cayman is a tenderport. There are several of these types of restaurant/bars within walking distance. Go to the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Cayman Islands and there is a post concerning all the different ones on the first page.

Where does Carnival dock in grand cayman?

and does anyone know if there is a senior frogs or margaritavill type place near the port?

No docking as its a tender port. They are very efficient and get folks off fast. Margaritaville is to your right when you leave the little gauntlet of excursion booths.

There is a picture of it in my review of my cruise in the link below on page 3.

Grand Cayman Tenders...its our favorite port!!--Safe, Clean--

there is a Margaritaville...

if your into trying something 'local' ...try Breezes...is right on the waterfront...cant miss it...it has an amazing view (patio/balcony seating)...good food, great drinks...(be warned, prices are listed in Cayman Dollars...you are in the Caymans...---this is written on the menu...lol)

Love that place

Have fun!

Tenders are small boats that "tend" to the ships needs. If there isn't deepwater access to the island or a pier, the ship anchors off shore and tenders bring people to shore and back.

You are much more likely to miss a tender port than a port with a pier, because of the tenders. We had a trip where there were 6-10 foot swells that we didn't feel on the ship, but when a tender pulled up next to us it was obvious that we wouldn't be getting off the ship. The big ships just sit there, while the tenders go up and down on the swells.

Think about the difficulty moving from the large ship to the small tender in swells like that, and you will understand why those ports are "missed" more often that ports with a pier.

I know that Grand Cayman, Beliez, Catalina Island and Cabo are all tender ports. I have also used tenders at Cozumel, although I think Carnival uses a pier most of the time now.

Archived