Returned from Triumph 4/9 Sailing

FlaJam

Hello dang everybody... I have a dang heck alot to tell... I missed all you dang people...

I'll make this somewhat short & sweet... Stayed in 7344 Empress Deck... Loved it... Balcony awesome... Room Steward - Afran - Great Service...

Dinner - great food... Carolina & Nataliya were excellent servers & pretty smiles...

Cruise Director - Chris - Dang Funny... Wee Jimmy - A dang nutcase!! He's leaving the Triumph & going to the Glory I believe in a week or so... Noonan is leaving in 3 weeks to star in an independent film in Europe... Marcus & Teri very Funny...

San Juan was ok... too many dang beggars... we walked around on our own... I bought me a $20 Rolex watch & my wife bought a $20 Prada Purse from a street vendor... I had more fun looking at their stuff than the "recommended stores" of Carnival... Most of Carnival recommended stores were rip-offs in my dang humble opinion...

Only negative for the week was the shore excursion to Magen's Bay & Paradise Point on St. Thomas... We got stranded by the dang taxi dude... there was 18 of us left high & dry... We barely made it back to the ship... We went as a group to the shore excursion desk & complained... We all got our $70 reimbursement... So, it only cost us $12 to spend 3 hrs at Magens Bay but got screwed out of Paradise Point... Needless to say the Taxi Cab dude will not be working for Carnival excursions anymore... It was a lesson learned for me & dw... We will no longer take cruise line excursions... Shopping in the am was good...

St. Maarten was my favorite... Spent the day at Orient Beach... It was a dang riot... What happened at Orient Beach is staying at Orient Beach... I will say that out of 100's of nude people, there was about 10 that really looked good nude... there were about 10 topless babes that looked good as well... We laid out by Kakao Beach resturant... We did walk & swim in "Au Naturel" just to experience it... It was weird at first but hey, "When in rome do what the dang romans do!"... We only stayed in the totally nude area for about 30 minutes, got it out of our dang system, & went & laid out the rest of the day... Thankfully, me & dw did the dang tanning bed thing or I would have been burned where I didn't need to get burned... We got our own taxi coming & going & was worth it... No problems.... Shopping was good also...

The Triumph is a confusing ship in the way it is laid out but it is a beautiful ship... I thought it was in excellent condition... Everyone was nice & service was great...

We had great weather at sea except for early Friday Morning & late Friday night into Saturday morning... Not many kids on the ship... Very quiet cruise & very relaxing... DW & I laid out on the topless deck all week but DW wouldn't go topless on the ship... There were the same 5 or 6 women that laid out on the At Sea Days... Everyone else just relaxed... There were several stupid dang gawkers... It was so obvious & stupid... Whatever... The first day at sea there was this dang old fart man laying out in the total nude... It was disgusting... Several people complained to security & they came & told him to put his pants back on... Didn't see him for the rest of the week... Thank God!!!

I took about 180 dang pictures... I will set up a photo album & post the address so anyone who gives a dang crap can look... (No juicy pictures will be posted!)

All in All, DW & myself had a great time, enjoyed our 20th anniversary & had time to "reconnect"...

Thank god we weren't on the Norwegian Dawn...

I wanna go back to the islands........

Hey I booked that same dang cabin for Dec 3rd...do you have any pics????

I got great dang pictures of the cabin, the islands, the ship, the food... I'll post the website once I upload them... It will probably be this weekend!!!! :D

Loved your review!!!! So glad you had such a dang good time!!!!! Where ya going next????

The DW & I have decided to take the dang kids next year to a 4 or 5 day Bahama cruise (only on Carnival of course!!)... If someone wants to contribute to a cruise fund for DW & myself, I'll be glad to dang cruise somewhere sooner!!! :D

D A N G!!

Welcome back and glad you had a good cruise. Got any dang pictures of Orient Beach? ;)

I got some dang good pictures of Orient Beach but... I didn't want to break my dang camera taking pictures of the "old farts" in the au naturel... The few goodlooking men & women DW & I saw in the au naturel &/or topless, we decided not to take their pictures... My DW was topless most of the day & I didn't want somebody taking pictures of her so I returned the gesture by not taking pictures of topless & au nautrel people... She's 40 & looks dang good!!!!

I do have some really good beach & water pictures though... I'll try & get them posted this weekend... :D

Thanks for leaving the ship in dang good shape for us!!!

Just off the Triumph yesterday.....got on as you and DW were getting off.

Thanks for your review! Can't wait to see your pics!!

Archived