Whales, Diving and Snorkeling in Dominica

dkh

Our family is going to be in Dominica in July. The guys are divers and don't like the cattle boats. Can anyone recommend a dive company that doesn't pack em in?

The girls like snorkeling from the beach. If we could go to the same place that the guys are diving that would be a plus.

Also, we would love to go whale watching but I believe I read that July is not the season to see whales. Is this correct? If there is a chance to really see whales, can anyone recommend a tour operator?

Thanks!

The whale watching tour we were on this past January was run by the Anchorage Hotel and Dive center. Here is a links to their websites; I know the sperm whales are present year round, but for some reason are much easier to find during the winter. I would e-mail them and ask their actual success rate for whale sightings during the summer. They also run dive/snorkel trips, and are supposed to be one of the better operators.

http://www.anchoragehotel.dm/

From what I've read, the best diving is near Soufriere. There is a marine park there where you can snorkel, dive, kayak, etc. I've read good things about Nature Island Divers, but haven't tried them personally.

Archived