How many Ships n Port & Cabins Available

SardisGrandma

I've read comments from people on here about how many ships are in a particular port on a particular date. Also I've seen comments about how full a ship is. My question is: How do I find that info?? Curious as to how many cabins left on my cruise. Thought I could check it periodically & it'd be interesting. I joined a web site that on google had ad about finding out how many ships in a port but it didnt except after the fact 2 yrs ago. Duh... I could have waited til after I cruised & told me that. I wanted to know in advance!!

You can find how many ships are in a port at these sites but they make frequent mistakes:

http://cruisett.com/ports.php

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

I don't know anywhere to tell exactly how many cabins left. You can go to many online travel agency sites and see which rooms are available to book but that doesn't mean that many are not booked yet. There may be 50 different outside cabins you can book but there may only be 2 available because there are 48 guaranteed and not assigned a cabin number yet.

I've read comments from people on here about how many ships are in a particular port on a particular date. Also I've seen comments about how full a ship is. My question is: How do I find that info?? Curious as to how many cabins left on my cruise. Thought I could check it periodically & it'd be interesting. I joined a web site that on google had ad about finding out how many ships in a port but it didnt except after the fact 2 yrs ago. Duh... I could have waited til after I cruised & told me that. I wanted to know in advance!!

As far as the rooms left, the only way I know is to go in and try to book each category for all numbers of passengers and count them up, so for each category you would have to do cabin for 2, cabin for 3 and cabin for 4, and on some ships, 5. I would imagine by the time you did that some of those would be sold!:eek:

Not sure if you can call your PVP and they may have an idea.

Also, for the ships in port...a more accurate way than the websites is to go to an online booking center that deals with all cruise lines and put in your destination and your sailing and hit enter and you can click on each one and see what day they will be where...it will take some time but more accurate than the port websites. So, if you are going to St. Thomas on October 4, just punch in Eastern Caribbean from like 9/20-10/5 and see how many ships there are...click on the sailings that include St. Thomas and cover the dates of your arrival and you can see what date they are there...

Archived