Why are they doing this in Cozumel?

joyride

Last Aug, we were there docked and one other ship came in later that morning, so it was not crowded at all and rather nice, but I think from now on I will check the port schedule before booking, knowing that it can change over time anyway, oh well :)

Hi

I was also on the 7th April Coral Princess.Before we sailed, I checked out cruisecal for Cozumel and it listed 8 ships. When we arrived, as mentioned above it was far more. A member of the crew told me that that was to be 12 ships in Cozumel but because of the weather conditions 3 of them did not stay.

I am looking at my Princess Allashore pamphlet we received a couple of weeks ago when we sailed on the Star. We went to Cozumel (Western itinerary). There are three piers - Downtown, Punta Langosta and Puerta Maya Pier. The Puerta Maya Pier has its own shops - liquor, jewellry, hair braiding, t-shirts, etc. Everything I wanted. It was also only 10 minutes from Chank Park, so after we snorkelled through an excursion on the ship, we caught a cab and headed for the park for the afternoon to watch the dolphins. We had a great time. As far as how many could dock, I would imagine with three piers, quite a few. There were only 2 at our dock. The Star took up the entire left side of the pier. The dolphin swim area was very full, but it went very quickly. We were only there to watch and get pictures of the dolphins at play. The snorkelling was also fabulous for anyone who wants to know. Try to look past the crowds if you can and have a great vacation.

Dolores

Archived