Toulon zoo and Cable Car? Can you walk from cruise dock?

World Gallery

We are still debating what to do in Toulon. Just can't seem to find much info out there. I went to the Toulon tourism website and see that they have a Cable Car up to Mt. Faron and there is a zoo at the top, www.zoo-toulon.com/ Has anyone been? Also, can you walk to the cable car from the cruise dock? I do not have the name of the cruise dock but we are on the NCL Spirit in June.

We have kids ages 10-18 so that is why we are considering the zoo.

Also, would love beach time in Toulon if there is a decent beach (?)

Yes, hopefully we will hear more about just "staying in Toulon" because the more I think about the fact that this port is the day after 3 fulls days in Italy, the more I am considering just staying in Toulon. I have read other posts that have stated Toulon is boring but there seems to be a few options.

I can share this. It is an email I received back from Toulon Tourism today. I asked what was best for a family with kids and they responded (didnt mention the zoo):

The cruise dock is located on Toulon center.

I suggest you to visit Toulon old town which is the storical center, where you'll discover our market which offers a sumptuous show of local produce, the monuments, the fountains,the main squares and typical charming streets and the numbers museums.

Toulon's Beaches are called "plages du Mourillon", are located 25 minutes walking from the port, you can also take the bus number 3 from the end of the port to the beaches, the bus makes 3 minutes. "Plages du Mourillon" are sandy beaches where you'll find a lot of restaurants and bars.

Best regards

Fabio

I have found the following info, tou take the bust number 4 from the port to th cable car. i beieve you can walk but it is quite a walk. If you call at the tourist office near the port they can tell you if the cable car is running and if so can also sell you your ticke which is combinable with the bus. for 6 euros.

Archived