Need advice....3 questions need help ASAP

LUV THE SEA

I just booked and paid in full due to the date of sailing a cruise on the liberty... we have an interior cabin...with 3 adults...there were no OV available..and the price was too high for balcony...well I saw some OV become available over the weekend and contacted my PVP but did not hear back from her as to if I could switch and the price differntial...now I see the price dropped slightly (less than 100...overall.for the inside cabin)...

1-Am I correct that you cannot get a credit once paid in full...should I call her back or is it a waste of time...

2-Or can I apply that money difference to upgrading to an OV??? Should I even do it...We are currently on the 6th deck inside...is that better than an OV on 2nd deck...your thoughts whcih is better

3-I just sent an e-mail for her to contact me if I do not hear back should I call another PVP???

If it was just my husband and I I wouldn't be so anxious I dont care about the cabin as long as I am cruising but we will have my daughter and I really want her to enjoy the cruise to the best we can give her...any thougts would be soooo helpful

I booked the Early Saver rate and was able to get the price reduction credited to my onboard account after it was paid in full.

I personally like inside cabins, but some people prefer the outside view. Looking out on level 2 you will be just above the water line, and at dock level when in port.

In regards to if a higher floor cabin is better, the cruise line charges more for the higher levels but that doesn't mean everyone feels that way. I like a cabin in the middle of the ship both in regards to where the room is front to back and where it is top to bottom.

One good thing about being on deck 2 is it is easier to get off the ship on port days. You don't have to wait to go down the stairs.

You will just need to decide if you want to have a window or not, and pick your room from that. Hope this helps

It depends the rate you booked. You could either end up with an OBC or change cabins. Best to get it checked into ASAP. I would call. I definitely think it is worth it. It is your vacation and you want to get the best experience out of it.

OP had to pay in full at booking so that means they are way past the 5 month mark for ES.

The only shot they have is to get upgraded. NO OBC.

OP,

If your PVP doesnt get right back to you just call 1-800-CARNIVAL and get them to look into it.

Bill

Since you said you booked late and paid in full, it's not likely that you can get the price reduction. If you can't get your PVP, just call the Carnival number and talk to whatever PVP answers. Any of them can change your cabin to an OV. It's perfectly all right to do that. Personally, I have had an OV and an Inside, and I would DEFINITELY go with the OV if possible. I felt like the inside cabin we had was more like a closet than a room. :rolleyes:

I just booked and paid in full due to the date of sailing a cruise on the liberty... we have an interior cabin...with 3 adults...there were no OV available..and the price was too high for balcony...well I saw some OV become available over the weekend and contacted my PVP but did not hear back from her as to if I could switch and the price differntial...now I see the price dropped slightly (less than 100...overall.for the inside cabin)...

1-Am I correct that you cannot get a credit once paid in full...should I call her back or is it a waste of time...

2-Or can I apply that money difference to upgrading to an OV??? Should I even do it...We are currently on the 6th deck inside...is that better than an OV on 2nd deck...your thoughts whcih is better

3-I just sent an e-mail for her to contact me if I do not hear back should I call another PVP???

If it was just my husband and I I wouldn't be so anxious I dont care about the cabin as long as I am cruising but we will have my daughter and I really want her to enjoy the cruise to the best we can give her...any thougts would be soooo helpful

You cannot get OBC unless you book ES rate and I assume if the cruise is less than 5 months away you did not.

You might be able to upgrade if something is available for less than you booked or you can pay the difference.

My preference is Balcony, then OV but under no circumstances will I go inside. Did it once, never again

Thanks to the quick replies...we are only a few weeks away 3/3---it was a last minute thing... BUt it appears more rooms opened up??? /by what you are saying, it appears the OBC is not doable...so I will aks the if that money can be applied... Is it ok to use another PVP even though I booked with someone else?

I wish we could do a balcony but it is cost prohibitive...the square footage is the same for an average baclcony to an OV...correct? Is there a noticeable difference compared to an inside...

My 2 concerns are size and location...even though we are on deck 6 we are in the very back of the ship last cabin...is there a lot of movement there...compared to the lower deck front???

Please help...me with whatever you know....

OVs are 220 s.f. and insides 185 s.f. .. so yes the size is noticeable and the OVs have a sofa to sit on the insides dont.

If you can switch cheap, I would.

No OBC since you are not ES.

Thanks ...Do you have any idea...Where is the best location regarding movement ---about 10 cabins from forward on deck 2 the OV aor all the way aft.. deck 6??

Sorry to be a pin but just trying to make this the best I can...

Thanks everyone for your input...I just called Carnival...and I was told if I had called earlier...which I did not sure if it really mattered I might have been able to move to a better location....but for now the ship is pretty fully there are 6 cabins inside but on lower decks...and the 1 OV has not really gone down enough for them to upgrade us ...since our fare only dropped less than $100 the price differential is nearly $400 and since we paid in full and are now too close to sailing time...no onboard credit..

Thanks for your help---it was worth the call...I just thought the differece could pay for a fancy dinner...I guess I should not have waited to hear back but again I was not sure that would matter much since it was after the 30 days before sailing...

Thanks everyone for your input...I just called Carnival...and I was told if I had called earlier...which I did not sure if it really mattered I might have been able to move to a better location....but for now the ship is pretty fully there are 6 cabins inside but on lower decks...and the 1 OV has not really gone down enough for them to upgrade us ...since our fare only dropped less than $100 the price differential is nearly $400 and since we paid in full and are now too close to sailing time...no onboard credit..

Thanks for your help---it was worth the call...I just thought the differece could pay for a fancy dinner...I guess I should not have waited to hear back but again I was not sure that would matter much since it was after the 30 days before sailing...

30 days before sailing would only matter if you were cancelling.

I think final payment date is 76 days before most sailings.

In the future, if something like this comes up, do not wait to hear back from your PVP. Sometimes, there is a small window of opportunity for you to take action on a "deal" or change. It is perfectly all right to call the toll free Carnival number and make changes to your booking with whoever answers. I have done this before, with no problems at all. My current PVP gave me her cell phone number, so I can contact her any time. (She volunteered this, I did not request it!) You might want to seek another PVP. I wish I could tell you who mine is, but that is against CC rules. Anyway, ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!!!! :)

In the future, if something like this comes up, do not wait to hear back from your PVP. Sometimes, there is a small window of opportunity for you to take action on a "deal" or change. It is perfectly all right to call the toll free Carnival number and make changes to your booking with whoever answers. I have done this before, with no problems at all. My current PVP gave me her cell phone number, so I can contact her any time. (She volunteered this, I did not request it!) You might want to seek another PVP. I wish I could tell you who mine is, but that is against CC rules. Anyway, ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!!!! :)

Oh we will...thanks...will know for the future...they said to check back just before we leave to see if there are still available cabins...might get a larger stateroom that way...we will keep on trying...we leave on the 3rd...

Archived