Home from my first cruise.

quirkygrl16

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Home from my first cruise aboard Carnival Sensation. It was a 3 day to Nassau,The Bahamas. I posted a review, but it isn't posted yet :( I had a fun time,but it was wayyy to party party for my taste. I should have expected it,being a weekend cruise. They all took over the Serenity deck. So much for relaxing :( I didn't let them ruin it,though. My boyfriend and I have plans to cruise again next year,but probably on a different cruise line to try new things. I must say, Chair hogs ANNOYED me!! i sat in a chair for an hour and they didn't even come back. It's so freakin' rude!!!

No matter what cruise line you go for a 2-3 day cruise, it WILL be party cruise! Usually called "booze cruise". Don't give up on Carnival yet, try a longer cruise 7+ days and you will see the difference. As to chair hogs, they are on ALL cruise lines.

Well that's a bummer to hear. I was actually considering this three day cruise in September. The other choice was 4 day ecstacy or 3 day NCL Sun out of Miami. I Was really hoping to leave out of Port Canaveral as it is so close to home(usually end up making the drive down to FLL or MIA). Unfortunately, we can never get away for seven days with three teenage girls still at home...so I really like the option of short get-aways...desperately needed for my husband and I:)!! Just did a 4 day on RCCL Liberty of the seas which was great, but not as many options in September.

September shouldn't be as bad a time to go...college kids are back in school. My DH and I did the 3 day on the Sensation in March of 2010. We didn't notice too much of a party crowd, but we were in bed by 10:30-ish each night (we drove to Port C. from MD to get on the cruise and were exhausted)....and we aren't big lounge by the pool or out on deck types (well, DH isn't so we do game shows and trivia and karaoke inside more than hang out on deck). I'd suggest you give it a try in Sept....though 3 days is too short...we also did the 4 day on the Fascination and it was better. We like the smaller ships...they are easier to navigate and less crowded and the buffet layout on the Fantasy class is so much better than the Conquest class (with the salad bar seperate from the main buffet lines and the big open room).

Sooooo glad I got DH on a 5 day for our first cruise! In Sept. it was calm, a couple of hard drinkers, but nothing to worry about. If we experienced the hard partying, I don't think he would have agreed to a 7 night cruise. We don't mind people having a good time, even snicker at their antics. A whole ship of non stop party would have been too much. I think I'm getting old. :(

Home from my first cruise aboard Carnival Sensation. It was a 3 day to Nassau,The Bahamas. I posted a review, but it isn't posted yet :( I had a fun time,but it was wayyy to party party for my taste. I should have expected it,being a weekend cruise. They all took over the Serenity deck. So much for relaxing :( I didn't let them ruin it,though. My boyfriend and I have plans to cruise again next year,but probably on a different cruise line to try new things. I must say, Chair hogs ANNOYED me!! i sat in a chair for an hour and they didn't even come back. It's so freakin' rude!!!

Although weekender cruises are "more alive", you could do another weekender, have a different group of cruisers, and have an entirely different experience.

September shouldn't be as bad a time to go...college kids are back in school. My DH and I did the 3 day on the Sensation in March of 2010. We didn't notice too much of a party crowd, but we were in bed by 10:30-ish each night (we drove to Port C. from MD to get on the cruise and were exhausted)....and we aren't big lounge by the pool or out on deck types (well, DH isn't so we do game shows and trivia and karaoke inside more than hang out on deck). I'd suggest you give it a try in Sept....though 3 days is too short...we also did the 4 day on the Fascination and it was better. We like the smaller ships...they are easier to navigate and less crowded and the buffet layout on the Fantasy class is so much better than the Conquest class (with the salad bar seperate from the main buffet lines and the big open room).

Thanks for your thoughts....that's kind of what I was thinking in regards to September...I think if we just stay away from Labor day weekend, we should be OK. Actually, we really just enjoy to spend time together on the balcony, and would probably be oblivious to what's happening on the rest of the ship for the most part. Haven't been on a Carnival cruise yet, mostly RCCL, but really would like to try something different and logistically easy.

Archived