How to do Foxy's and Soggy Dollar?

MarkandJen33706

Hi, we are on the NCL cruiseship Dawn on Saturday 10 March from 9 to 6. What we want to do is simply spend as much time possible at JVD and be able to see both Foxy's and Soggy Dollar.

Is using a charter the way to go, or should I try and just ferry over to JVD? I appreciate your input!

Mark

I am also trying to research this. I am there on the 21st March. I had a quote from a charter for $70 round trip. Picked up at the cruise ship 30 mins after docking return 2 hours before sailing. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not? I am unsure if it is a larger water taxi or a small vessel there are 4 of us interested in going. I think the organization was BVI360. Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Definitely taxi to West End and ferry over. You'll dock in Great Harbor right near Foxy's, and you can taxi over the hill to White Bay and enjoy the Soggy $, Ivan's, and Seddy's. Great day on Jost!

Or you can contact scatosbusntaxi.com for a more personalized transfer to WE but their prices are higher.

Roundtrip taxi to West End dock is $28 for 2 ppl, $24 for 3 or more.

Ferry is $25 roundtrip -

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

The ferry option gives you the ability to do spend the time where you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
Just did BVI360 last week, $70pp, beer/water on the boat over to JVD, had a great time, snorkeling was marginal though, would go with them again

yay! finally someone who has recently gone on a bvi360 charter. we are going in April (first week); only in port from 7:30-3:30 so my BIG concern is timing. can you tell me more about your trip? what time you left and returned? glad to hear snorkeling is marginal, our main goal is getting to JVD. do you have any pics? how many on the boat? thanks!

yay! finally someone who has recently gone on a bvi360 charter. we are going in April (first week); only in port from 7:30-3:30 so my BIG concern is timing. can you tell me more about your trip? what time you left and returned? glad to hear snorkeling is marginal, our main goal is getting to JVD. do you have any pics? how many on the boat? thanks!

Going off memory, we got off the ship at 8am, met up at 8:30, got to JVD about 10ish, left about 1:30ish, got back to ship by 2 or 2:30. Just let them know when you have to be back to the ship and they'll get you there in time. Sorry, no pics. We had 12 on the boat, small inflatable but big enough you'll feel safe and the trip over was a breeze, enjoy!

Archived