Help us find Tim & Donna !

jorich

Just back from Marina cruise 4th -16th Feb Caribbean Pearls. We made friends with a great couple from British Columbia called Tim & Donna who had just retired from their industrial piping business. We made plans to swap emails & try to meet up when we go to Canada in October & then on the last day we just never got round to doing it & when we remembered it was too late! Did anyone else meet them & can help us with contact details please ?

Just back from Marina cruise 4th -16th Feb Caribbean Pearls. We made friends with a great couple from British Columbia called Tim & Donna who had just retired from their industrial piping business. We made plans to swap emails & try to meet up when we go to Canada in October & then on the last day we just never got round to doing it & when we remembered it was too late! Did anyone else meet them & can help us with contact details please ?

Not sure if Oceania would do this, but I have heard of people having success (on other lines) by emailing the cruise line, providing as much detail as possible, and asking them to reach out to the passengers on your behalf to provide your contact details. Then it would be up to Tim & Donna to respond to you directly. In terms of details, I would think of anything that would help Oceania narrow down the field, for example their hometown, stateroom # or deck level, an excursion they took, were they part of a larger group on the trip, had O arranged their travel & do you recall their airline or pre/post cruise hotel names, or even a reservation they had at a specialty restaurant on a specific night...etc. etc.

The way I see it, it can't hurt to contact Oceania if you don't find success here. Of course as I said, approach it that you're asking them to play middle man for you, not that you're asking them to provide passenger information directly to you, which one would guess they would not. Good luck!

PRWeezer & LHT28, thank you both for your suggestions. I had thought of emailing O to ask them to pass our details on (wouldn't expect them to breach confidentiality by divulging details to us) but hadn't thought of some of your good ideas such as speciality restaurant bookings - will now rack my brains for dates! The stupidest thing is that we know all about their kids, grandkids etc but never mentioned (or can't recall) surnames. I will let you know if I have success.

We carry business like cards with our names, address etc & hand them out to people we meet & want to keep intouch with

We have also collected other peoples cards so it must be a good idea :D

Lyn

Archived