verizon wireless on gem

enewedding

Yes, most of the carriers work onboard.

$2.49 a minute for phone calls while at sea. Varies in each port.

Text is somewhat cheap, unless you give your phone to a teen-ager. LOL!!!

Do not think about doing data. Expensive.

You should call Verizon and they can prorate your plan for the period of time you are on your cruise. It will cost extra to have international service for a short period of time, but if you want full usage of your phone, it does help to limit the extra expense. I have done this when cruising on RCI and Princess. I'm assuming that costs would be similiar on NCL. I also have a Blackberry, which might be different from your phone.

Verizon was very helpful when I called them.

We have Verizon and it is a bit more complex than all that. It was $2.49 per minute if you were pinging off the ship's signal...however, in some of our ports we did not get a signal because the ship was never far enough away from the land to turn it on. We did get texts incoming as soon as they turned it on tho and was able to use it while in Mexico for 99 cents per minute. We did have to call them ahead of time and set it up. We timed all our calls to make sure we did not have a huge bill but we did need it from time to time to check on the kiddos. We wanted to make sure they did not wear out the grandparents completely.

Try this link for more info....

http://www.cellularatsea.com/guest_services.htm

Just realized the OP said " verizon wireless on gem"

not sure if they were asking about WIFI - but you should know that everybody pays the same for internet connection, phone, ipad, your PC, their computer, etc. For a slow connnection, it is $.40 to$.75 per minute.

Archived