Emergency, please read.

packard89

What about the ill family member?? Is this a cliffhanger until next season. Hope all is well, just need to know who shot JR.

They are fine for now, false alarm. Interestingly, I ended up finding out that the husband didn't really want to go!! I wish he would have just said no from the beginning instead of the morning of. Not only did he upset his 3 children but mine as well. Like I said, we had a great time but I was looking forward to celebrating my friend's birthday on the ship. Oh well, water under the bridge!

I'm glad you had a good time anyhow, my condolences to your friends & sad they had to cancel but this must have been the best solution for them.

Thanks for coming back to update us all, not everyone does that.

Thank you. Condolences are necessary, their family member is still with us. It ended up being a false alarm.

And out of the blue I remembered that I hadn't filled y'all in, it took me a few minutes to find my thread, I forgot to subscribe to it in all the frenzy that was going on. lol

Oh, I know the disappointment of a last minute cancellation. I had to cancel our honeymoon cruise the day before it left because my husband was in the hospital!! (Not from something we did, and yes we had insurance!!)

This spring we had to cancel our makeup honeymoon because his mother got cancer. We didn't know what her prognosis was going to be, and expected the worse since she is a heavy smoker. She is better, but not out of the woods, and our cruise would be leaving next month, so we really did the best thing.

Originally Posted by CanWeGoYet? viewpost.gif

I'm glad you had a good time anyhow, my condolences to your friends & sad they had to cancel but this must have been the best solution for them.

Thanks for coming back to update us all, not everyone does that.

Thank you. Condolences are necessary, their family member is still with us. It ended up being a false alarm.

And out of the blue I remembered that I hadn't filled y'all in, it took me a few minutes to find my thread, I forgot to subscribe to it in all the frenzy that was going on. lol

I meant to say condolences are NOT necessary....whoops.

They are fine for now, false alarm. Interestingly, I ended up finding out that the husband didn't really want to go!! I wish he would have just said no from the beginning instead of the morning of. Not only did he upset his 3 children but mine as well. Like I said, we had a great time but I was looking forward to celebrating my friend's birthday on the ship. Oh well, water under the bridge!

Hope that doesn't cause an issue with the cancellation insurance! :cool:

Glad to hear that you - and your family - had a good time!!

I meant to say condolences are NOT necessary....whoops.

LMAO!!! I read the post where you said they were necessary because it was just a false alarm...too darn funny!

Don't worry- we'll chalk it up to the stress you felt before your cruise, right? ;)

In all seriousness- I really am glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise (and made new friends- hooray!) and that your other friends family member is doing well. And thank goodness they had the travel insurance...

Sorry I didn't reply back sooner.....well, they did cancel! And we ended up staying in the quad with only the 3 of us. The ship was sold out. My friend did have insurance, she's in the process of filing her claim. My son was devastated that his friend wasn't coming but he quickly recovered because he had a few classmates on the ship. (We live 20 minutes from the port.) So we basically NEVER saw him except for at dinner. Yes, he promptly showed up every night. The adults actually skipped a night in the MDR but the teenagers didn't.

Although I was very disappointed that our friends cancelled, we had the best time ever. We ended up befriending the classmates parents and they moved to our dinner table in the place of our friends that cancelled. So everything worked out. We're even planning another cruise with our new friends.

Anyway, thank you all so much for the advice. That's why I posted about my dilemma before calling Carnival just to have an idea of what I was up against, I'm not an expert in this department.

Kirsten

I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Sorry that your friends could not make it. It's just nice to hear that you did have a great cruise with your new cruise friends.:D

Why thank you! Of course I am going to call them!! I figured I'd get responses quicker than I could get a hold of Carnival which turned out to be true as I'm STILL on hold!!

That was an absolute terrible response from Spaniellover to you. Some people are very inconsiderate of others. You were just asking a question and he gave you a smart a** response. :rolleyes:

That was an absolute terrible response from Spaniellover to you. Some people are very inconsiderate of others. You were just asking a question and he gave you a smart a** response. :rolleyes:

No kidding! All I wanted was a little feedback before I called. I had a feeling that I would get a lot of responses in a very short amount of time. Which is exactly what happened, within 10 minutes I had almost 10 responses.

Thanks.

While I am glad your friends family member is still with us - I have a feeling she is giong to have a problem with her insurance

Archived