Onboard Entertainment?

We are looking to book our first cruise for this fall and were pretty much set on a Carnival cruise. Until...

A friend told me about the great shows onboard Royal Caribbean ships. Now, our main reasons for going with Carnival were a newer, bigger ship and a better price. However, I would consider paying more, if the shows are worth it.

So, my question is: is there any way to find out what show(s) and other entertainment will be onboard our specific cruise? Also, are there any other benefits to RCCL vs CCL?

Thanks!

The entertainment on RCCL and Carnival are pretty much the same....

EXCEPT...

1. The entertainment on Oasis and Allure will blow you away.

2. RCCL has the Ice Show on Voyager and Freedom Class Ships. It's a great show.

Hmm. We would have to fly to cruise on either of those ships. So, I'd have to figure if the entertainment would be worth the extra cost of the cruise plus the cost of airfare. Does RCCL publish their shows ahead of time?

Thanks!

They don't post the entertainment except the Broadway shows they've publicized. Oasis has Hairspray, Allure has Chicago and Liberty has Saturday Night Fever.

If you post the ships you are considering, there are most likely people here who have recently sailed the ship and can tell you what the entertainment was like.

They don't post the entertainment except the Broadway shows they've publicized. Oasis has Hairspray, Allure has Chicago and Liberty has Saturday Night Fever.

If you post the ships you are considering, there are most likely people here who have recently sailed the ship and can tell you what the entertainment was like.

Thanks!

We would prefer to sail out of Galveston in November, which would mean we would be on the Mariner of the Seas. We might consider flying to Ft Lauderdale to sail on the Allure or the Oasis, depending on the price of airfare.

As for CCL, we would be sailing on The Magic out of Galveston.

Archived