Capetown to Singapore 2013

etoileip31

DH and I have booked this trip but after reading the threads from the Dec.2011 trip and other cruisers concerning cancelled ports,same ones on our itenerary, possible closing of diving in Phuket, ports such as Maputo and Richards Bay not all that great I'm starting to have second thoughts. I would love to hear from past Sands and Safari cruisers. This is 30 days and $$$. Also all the additional $$ in visas ect. Cheer me up. This is my husbands 65 birthday trip !:confused:

We'd opt for a land trip to South Africa instead of a cruise if we were to do it over again...unless you want to see islands in the Indian Ocean. Then the cruise gives you a quick look at them.

Actually, we enjoyed our stop in Richard's Bay because we went to St Lucia to do the estuary cruise and saw heaps of hippos and crocs....plus the drive to St Lucia was interesting (to us anyway). Maputo was eye-opening but not alot going on for tourists.

All in all, we're glad we went because we'd never see that part of the world (except for South Africa) if we hadn't taken the cruise but we aren't inspired to return (again, except for South Africa).

Archived