WARNING. BARCELONA MARATHON ON 25th MARCH

new salt

The Barcelona marathon takes place on 25 March 2012. Please be aware that this involves substantial road closures and will add substantially to your time in transit to or from the port. It may also make access to or from some hotels difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new salt.

Thank you for this info.Our cruise finishes on this day and we need to be at the airport at 9.40am. How long do you think we should allow for a taxi to get us there on time.

Many Thanks

I would allow a good hour, last year it took us some forty minutes from Sants Station whereas it normally takes 20 minutes at the outside. Our taxi driver was driving in all directions to get us there and some of our fellow passengers had a dreadful time getting from their hotels to a point where taxis could pick them up.

This was also the case for a wheelchair bound pax.

The following link may be useful, the Race starts at 0830. I think I would want to be on my way before then!

http://barcelona.de/en/barcelona-marathon.html

I would allow a good hour, last year it took us some forty minutes from Sants Station whereas it normally takes 20 minutes at the outside. Our taxi driver was driving in all directions to get us there and some of our fellow passengers had a dreadful time getting from their hotels to a point where taxis could pick them up.

This was also the case for a wheelchair bound pax. (We were sailing that day and had plenty of time)

The following link may be useful, the Race starts at 0830. I think I would want to be on my way before then!

http://barcelona.de/en/barcelona-marathon.html

Archived