Baltimore port, hotel's, & experiances?

ccletzgo

Just once, I would love to get a result from the search..............

sorry if subject has been covered!

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

We left from Baltimore 4/16 on the Galaxy and thought the experience was great. The ship

arrived late into port, so we were delayed in getting on and didn't leave port until ~ 8 p.m. (not the fault of the port, but of bad weather). This delay was handled, we thought, very well. We drove to the port, and instead of making us wait in the car or outside, they had another building (with chairs) ready for us until we were able to be checked in. At the end of the trip, claiming of luggage and getting to the car could not have gone any smoother. The whole process (leaving the ship, claiming luggage and being taken to the car) took no more than 10 minutes. We have heard that Celebrity will not be returning the Galaxy to Baltimore, which makes us sad! Hopefully Celebrity will change their minds and keep sailing from Baltimore.

We too enjoyed Baltimore. There had been a couple of embarkation/debarkation horror stories before our cruise due to bad weather and lateness into port, but we found it to be ok. Not the fanciest terminal building in the world, however we loved Baltimore and the harbour area especially. We stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbour and this suited us fine.

It is a shame that more hasn't been invested in the terminal area, so as to keep cruiselines such as Celebrity interested.

We'd sail again from Baltimore in an instant.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Your query re the port seems to have covered. We sailed from Baltimore in Apr. '03 and thru Priceline got the Hyatt Inner Harbor for $55.

Mercury 5/98 Galaxy 5/99 Millennium 9/2000 Galaxy 9/2002 Galaxy 4/2003 Century 4/2004 B2B Century 4/2004 Galaxy 4/2005

We stayed at the Renaissance also thru priceline. Loved it. Also, it's not Celebrity's choice to leave Baltimore, Royal Caribbean who owns Celebrity is making them go to Texas. Most of the crew and officers want to stay in Baltimore because there are alot of repeat cruisers they have come to know. I think Royal Caribbean figures we will sail them now because we only have Bermuda cruises on Celeb. I know I won't sail them I'de rather go to Bermuda over and over.

Jill

Hi CCletzgo,

We are scheduled to sail from Baltimore in October. Many of us have gotten rooms at the Brookshire Suites at the inner harbor (Priceline 3 star $50). The inner harbor area is beautiful, but we will have to take a cab to the cruise ship port. I think it is only a couple miles, so no big deal.

Have fun,

OOOEEE icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Bob and Phyllis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ccletzgo:

Inner Harbor hotels are the best bet then?

Close to ship? thank you.

I will look into both the Hyatt and Sheraton<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Inner Harbor is not really near the ship. If I remember correctly the taxi from the pier to the hotel cost me about $20. We stayed in the Sheraton and it is right accross the street from the Inner Harbor area.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I stayed at the Hyatt through Priceline when I cruised out of Baltimore. Nice hotel and I have the InnerHarbor area. Terminal is about a 20 minute ride from the InnerHarbor. The terminal itself is not the greatest at all but it works out okay.

icon_cool.gif

we stayed at the Embassy Suites BWI last spring. Very nice property near the airport. shuttle took us to hotel and next morning to amtrak station nearby where we caught train to D.C. for the day. Washington train station is a destination by itself. Hotel shuttle next day to liquor store to stock up for trip and then cab to pier about 28 dollars. stayed in same hotel on back end and took intercity train to camden yards and spent day in inner harbor and lunch in little italy at Sabatinos (EXCELLENT)

Galaxy 10 day Rome Next

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;21;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Archived