Millennium Cabin Experts...Advice Needed!

mavfan

Hi All!!

So I am very close to booking a 5 night cruise on the Millennium in March. After going back and forth I decided to pay the roughly $300 more for a balcony. Will it be worth it? I hope so. Having only sailed via inside cabin on 9 other cruises I figure its about time I see how the other half sail, lol!

Any-who, I have two separate cabins on hold and a question about a third. I have read on these boards all about the larger balconies and have narrowed my choices down to either 7049 (triangular balcony) or 7180 (larger balcony over royal suite). Which one would you prefer? I have slight reservations about the 7180 as from my understanding it is a recessed room with larger balcony so when you look over the edge of your balcony you can see the peoples awning below.

Have you stayed in both? Have you stayed in one (or one similar)? Give me your thoughts please!!!

ALSO...I will be booking category 2A as it is currently the cheapest BUT notice some Sweet Sixteen cabins are available. Would it be possible to get one of them booked in this CAT or are those reserved only for those that book in 2C?

Thanks in advance y'all!!

I just got off Millie today, after a B2B2B, the first segment in CC 8177. I certainly would not spend $300 for a balcony on a 5 day cruise. That being said, on the M class ships, with the exception of the Sweet 16 balconies, all balconies overlook either the suite canopies, or lifeboats. For a more lengthy account of the larger balconies on M class, ask on the Celebrity board here at CC. EM

Just received our room assignment and it is 7139 on the Millie. This is a handicap room that butts up to the bumped out elevators. It is forward of the elevators. I am wondering if this is going to pose a noise and privacy problem. It looks like the people in the elevator might be able to see into our balcony!! We are not handicaped and like the fact the room is much larger. If anyone has any info about this room or any other room that butts up to elevator, please let me know. I don't think the ship is sold out, so we could probably move. We leave Saturday!! Thanks.

Archived