New Orleans Parking-Fulton or Machu Picchu?

maldenmusic

We've always parked at the pier for our NOLA cruises but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used either Fulton St or Machu Picchu parking? They both say they shuttle you but MP states they won't take you to the terminal before noon. We love getting to NOLA pier a little earlier than that and people watching, getting our pictures made, etc. Any experiences with either of these places?

We used Fulton Place January 5, 2012. A group of people were unloading from a shuttle bus when we arrived at the sidewalk from the parking garage elevator and that shuttle left (presumably to pick up cruisers at the terminal). We were told we would need to wait for the next shuttle to arrive. My husband went to the Subway next door to get a drink. The next shuttle arrived before he got back and I was afraid that he wouldn't make it in time. We were the only passengers, but they were glad to load us and our luggage on the shuttle and take us to the terminal where someone took our luggage the minute the bus driver put it on the ground.

It took us much longer to clear security (husband has a pacemaker) than any other single thing we did to get on board the ship. There was only one couple ahead of us in line to get our Sign and Sail card and we waited for 10-15 minutes before boarding the ship only because there was a wedding party to board and we are not VIPS (yet!) We were on board and eating on Lido Deck before noon.

I believe we arrived at Fulton Place Parking 10:30-10:45 a.m. Best experience we've ever encountered. Will use Fulton Place every time we leave from New Orleans.

We used Fulton Place January 5, 2012. A group of people were unloading from a shuttle bus when we arrived at the sidewalk from the parking garage elevator and that shuttle left (presumably to pick up cruisers at the terminal). We were told we would need to wait for the next shuttle to arrive. My husband went to the Subway next door to get a drink. The next shuttle arrived before he got back and I was afraid that he wouldn't make it in time. We were the only passengers, but they were glad to load us and our luggage on the shuttle and take us to the terminal where someone took our luggage the minute the bus driver put it on the ground.

It took us much longer to clear security (husband has a pacemaker) than any other single thing we did to get on board the ship. There was only one couple ahead of us in line to get our Sign and Sail card and we waited for 10-15 minutes before boarding the ship only because there was a wedding party to board and we are not VIPS (yet!) We were on board and eating on Lido Deck before noon.

I believe we arrived at Fulton Place Parking 10:30-10:45 a.m. Best experience we've ever encountered. Will use Fulton Place every time we leave from New Orleans.

Thanks for posting this. I will probably use them in May!

• 4 months later...

We took cruise on Carnival Conquest, 01 July through 08 July, 2012, out of New Orleans. Checked with hotels to see if anyone had a deal for a night's stay and one week parking. Have done this out of Galveston...stay one night at hotel, and hotel delivers you and your luggage to terminal...they keep your car and pick you up on your return. Could not find anything like this in area of French Quarter; at least at a price that was doable. So tried parking provided by Machu Picchu Travel Services. $14 per day, in a covered and secured warehouse at 442 Jackson Avenue, New Orleans. You call them by cell when you are headed there, and in our case, a driver named Angel gave us directions and met us at their storage facility. Helped load the luggage, and delivered us by a back way to cruise terminal...avoided traffic at front of terminal with regular cruise ship parking. When we cleared customs on our return, we called him by cell, and he met us in a few minutes and reversed the process. Plan to go on another cruise in late Fall out of New Orleans, and will use Machu Picchu again for parking. Great deal and Angel was very helpful in providing directions for both the cruise terminal and getting around New Orleans.

We used Fulton Place parking for our cruise out of NOLA in May 2012. No problems getting there because people were standing along the roadways with signs directing us there. We talked to one lady at the entrance and she explained exactly what to do. We parked on Level 6 and took several pictures of NOLA from this excellent viewpoint. When we arrived back from the cruise, their van was waiting for us out front-we never even had to call them. We got back to our car, left the building and had no problems. We will definitely use them on our next cruise. The parking is covered and we found out that the NOLA police dept also use this garage so it felt even safer.

For about the 5th year we are using Machu Picchu. Angel is the owner and you will usually deal with him and his wife. He does have a couple of drivers. He has always taken us to the ship by 11 or 11:15. He suggest 12, but we always go earlier and get right on the ship. I like his indoor storage and he does have a "back" way to get around the traffic. Last cruise, we were first off the ship at 8am and were on the interstate at 8:25. They are good people and look after their customers.

• 5 months later...

I've used Angel now four times, and it's always the same, great! Like others have said they really appreciate your business, and do everything they can to make it a good experience. Another thing that I like is that Angel always answers the phone himself, no recording. I feel as if my car is very safe parked in the fenced, covered garage. Their service is unbeatable!! Wouldn't think of using anyone else.

I have used Machu Picchu and Angel is great. I forgot my camera in the van last time and he secured it and kept it and returned it to me when I got off of the ship.

I have my reservation to use him again in january, He gets my vote. !!!!

Just did a Google Street View of the Machu Picchu. Is the parking under the awning where is shows some buses or does he own that warehouse looking building next door. It does not seem to show much parking from Google Street View. How many cars can he store?

It shows $14 per day but seems to mention the first day at being $30. Is that just for hotel passengers? I will be staying at a hotel in Slidel but need parking the day of the cruise.

Just came back today from one week cruise out of New Orleans. Used Machu Picchu for a second time. Again a good experience. Quick delivery to port, and quick pickup. Cost was a flat $100 cash for the week, though you have to reserve parking with a credit card. Parking is in a metal warehouse; you can park yourself or Angel will park for you...and you can keep your car keys. Not fancy, but secure and the warehouse easily would hold a couple dozen cars or more. On this trip we were running early, and arrived at Machu Picchu parking a few minutes after 11 am. Parked our car, loaded our stuff in their van, and at port by 11:20 am. Boarded Navigator of the Seas immediately, and went straight to buffet...though had to wait a couple hours before could go to cabin. Machu Picchu parking is only a few minutes from the port. Since Angel or one of his folks respond immediately to your cell call, both departure and return runs faster than waiting to fill a shuttle bus to take you to your vehicle. Good experience, decent price for parking, and definitely recommend.

Edited by Peelsboy

Thanks for the update. May consider using them for my April cruise. Is it easy to find their warehouse? Do you avoid cruise ship traffic when going to his warehouse.

You say it is a metal warehouse. Is it secure and free of birds like pigeons that can crap on the car?

On my Dec cruise, I am staying near the port but the traffic stresses me out.

Just got of the ship yesterday (Sunday) and used Machu Picchu for the fifth year. The parking is inside, no birds, misses all the cruise traffic on your way to park. The $100 is for parking only, if you are going to a hotel the night before and need pickup and delivery it is $28 more.

We are already booked with them for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your recommendations and help. Have decided to give them a try and just sent in my reservation.

On my recent cruise, I did see their shuttle bus as I was waiting for mine back to the Holiday Inn. Would use the Holiday Inn again, but due to the French Quarter music festival, they are fully booked. We have to stay at as Slidell hotel due to this festival.

Thanks

We've always parked at the pier for our NOLA cruises but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used either Fulton St or Machu Picchu parking? They both say they shuttle you but MP states they won't take you to the terminal before noon. We love getting to NOLA pier a little earlier than that and people watching, getting our pictures made, etc. Any experiences with either of these places?

This sounds like a small operation. There will be 8 of us traveling together. Does his transportation accomodate that many people at once?

Machu Picchu and Angel were wonderful! We just returned from a 7 day cruise out of NOLA. We arrived 2 days prior to our cruise and Angel met us at his facility, loaded our luggage and us into his van and took us to our hotel in the Quarter. On the day of our cruise he picked us up at our requested time and took us to the cruise terminal. The day we returned we called him after we cleared customs and he was there in no time to pick us up and reunite us with our vehicle. His service is second to none, our vehicle was housed in a covered gated garage along with several others who were cruising. Cannot give high enough ratings for Angel and his service! We will use him when we visit NOLA even if we aren't cruising!

• 2 months later...

Was the price $8 a day like it shows online? I read that price is not the price for cruise parking. What did y'all pay if you don't mind me asking? We have only sailed out of Texas in the past which is cheap parking to me, compared to what I have seen in NOLA.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a week on the Conquest 03/31-04/07. After checking out reviews here, I decided to give Angel and Machu Picchu a try. I was not disappointed at all! The price was $100 for the week, which is cheap by most NOLA standards. Parking was very secure and covered. We parked our own car where directed and kept our keys for the duration of the trip. The lot is one they use for their tour vehicles, so they want their stuff protected as much as you want your's.

Sunday morning Angel gave us a call to make sure we were aware of how to get to the lot, we were about half an hour away at the time and thanked him for the followup. Once there, we took our bags out of the car and someone instructed my boyfriend where to park. We parked and locked the car while waiting on Angel to return from the terminal, as he had taken other guests in. When he arrived he loaded our luggage as well as another couple's and we were on our way. It was a blessing to not have to deal with all of the traffic!

He gave us contact information and instructed us on how to contact him when the ship returned. We unloaded and made our way to the ship with ease.

Upon return, we cleared customs and called Angel. He said one of his people might still be at the terminal dropping off, but we didn't see the vehicle. He was there to pick us up within 5 minutes. Again, the easiest process around. We will continue to use Machu Picchu for any other trips out of NOLA and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for safe, cost effective parking.

• 2 weeks later...

Used Machu Picchu for the 1st time on my NCL cruise in April 14th. It was very easy to find the place, the GPS got us going down Jackson Ave which was very easy and scenic. Arrived at them at 10.30am, which was too early. They prefer you get there at between 11am and 12 noon. We decided to visit a new huge Walmart just a few blocks away to waste 30 minutes. This was fine as this Walmart was big and allowed us to get last minute cruise stuff.

We went back at around 11am, and Angel helped us unload our car. The only uncomfortable thing was that they took my car keys for the duration of the cruise. Maybe this was allow for them to arrange cars but everything was fine. angel was a very pleasant man and had some stories to tell us while we drove to the port.

After the cruise, we gave them a call and they picked us up within about 10 minutes. My car was arranged in a way that it was ready to pick up.

Would use them again as your care is covered and secured. A lot better than leaving your car in that huge open whale lot and have to deal with traffic around the port area.

I parked at the Fulton Garage in April for my cruise. I booked thru Airport Parking because it was less, but you still park in the Fulton Garage. They had someone on a golf cart take our luggage to their bus (which was just right around the corner). The bus took us straight to the terminal. It was very easy.

It says rooftop parking only, but we did not have to park on the roof. It was $8 a day and you can get $5 off with a coupon code. The current one thru May 24 is YEP66. If that is expired just google Airport Parking discount code and you can find another one. If you absolutely want to make sure you are getting covered, they offer a covered rate for a little more, but like I said, we were told to park anywhere. Hope this helps. No one took our car keys, we parked the car ourselves in the garage.

I parked at the Fulton Garage in April for my cruise. I booked thru Airport Parking because it was less, but you still park in the Fulton Garage. They had someone on a golf cart take our luggage to their bus (which was just right around the corner). The bus took us straight to the terminal. It was very easy.

It says rooftop parking only, but we did not have to park on the roof. It was $8 a day and you can get $5 off with a coupon code. The current one thru May 24 is YEP66. If that is expired just google Airport Parking discount code and you can find another one. If you absolutely want to make sure you are getting covered, they offer a covered rate for a little more, but like I said, we were told to park anywhere. Hope this helps. No one took our car keys, we parked the car ourselves in the garage.

We have already booked to park there in June and we have 3 cars and 11 in our family. Do they shuttle us all over to the terminal with luggage?

I always park at the pier. I have used fulton street when their wasn't parking at the pier and it was fine. If this other place is 15 dollars a day why not just park at the pier and not fool with the shuttle. I guess it would be OK if you have a high dollar car. I don't and my car sits in the hot sun everyday in AL anyway. Now for a week I might use the 8 dollars aday on the roof top. That might be worth it. I do love getting off the ship first and car being right their.

I always park at the pier. I have used fulton street when their wasn't parking at the pier and it was fine. If this other place is 15 dollars a day why not just park at the pier and not fool with the shuttle. I guess it would be OK if you have a high dollar car. I don't and my car sits in the hot sun everyday in AL anyway. Now for a week I might use the 8 dollars aday on the roof top. That might be worth it. I do love getting off the ship first and car being right their.

Yes I have no high end car either. I was just trying to save money and I thought the rooftop thing would be ok. We dont get in to big of a hurrry when we get to the ports as we know there are alot of people trying to do the samething we are. The fulton garage that we did book with has a shuttle the main thing that I was wanting to fiind out is if the shuttle would take all 11 of us with our luggage or should we drop them off at the terminal?

Thanks