Carnival Dream 01/05/13-01/12/13 (I know, it's early)

SpeedsterX

Hi all! My name is Chuck. I am a 45 yr. old male and cruising with my 18 yr. old daughter again, and my parents are coming along this time as well as some friends. This will be my second cruise. My first was on the Royal Caribbean Freedom's 7 day eastern Caribbean last summer. For 2 people cost me over $2,500. I had such a great time I went looking around for more cruises and found Carnival's Dream 7 day western Caribbean for less than $500 pp. I had to wait for my tax check and just now booked it! Total cost was right around $1,500 including tips! Price was too good to pass up and I'm already excited even though I have 11 months to wait. lol

Just a few questions for you experts. I have Maindeck stateroom 2222 (window). I didn't care for a balcony because I'm never in the room unless I'm sleeping. Is that a good place? I was forced to go with late dining on my RC cruise because the early bookers grabbed all of the early dining times. I grabbed the early dining time this time around, 6pm dining.

With all of the research that I have done between RC's Freedom and Carnival's Dream, I am not expecting much difference in the cruising experience. I have heard Carnival generally has a little better food. I LOVE stops and RC only had 3 in the 7 day cruise but Carnival has 4 so I'm excited about that! I heard there was a study that the anticipation for the vacation/cruise is as important as the cruise itself so I have almost a year of gleeful anticipation!

Anything I should know or anything you experts can tell me about this ship would be awesome! Thanks! :)

Your cabin is right at the front of the ship. You might feel some motion while sailing. The issue with the room might be that it's under the show lounge so you might hear a lot of noise above your head.

Your cabin is right at the front of the ship. You might feel some motion while sailing. The issue with the room might be that it's under the show lounge so you might hear a lot of noise above your head.

Thank you! Would you suggest something around the middle if I can get it?

We had cove balcony's on the Dream 2337 / 2341. But that area of the main deck was very quiet. Did not notice much movement at all.

Never to early to start. We started our roll call in Feb/March of 2011 for our Jan. 2013 cruise to Hawaii. :o

My family went on Freedom of the Seas in July 2010. I had 2 small children (5 and 3) and my mother in law paid for her kids/grandkids to go. It was more expensive than the Carnival Dream that we booked for this June that we are paying for. I have been on previous Carnival short cruises (Destiny) and always liked the food on Carnival until this past October when they switched menus. It isn't bad...just not "wow".

I think that is how I would describe RC vs. Carnival. RC is WOW (wow to your wallet too!) and Carnival is "I had a good time." But I am not a big drinker and I go to bed when the kids do. Because of that, I enjoyed the Freedom of the Seas rock climbing wall during the day and we all really enjoyed the H20 Zone. I have learned that Carnival's room sizes are overall larger than RC and as long as I have a balcony I am happy.

You will have a great time as long as you take vacation mind set and don't get disgruntled. I read that so many people have their vacations ruined over something, and unless the ship leaves me at port or is stranded with no food or water, I'll have a good time. I won't be at home, work or doing dishes!

Enjoy!:)

We had cove balcony's on the Dream 2337 / 2341. But that area of the main deck was very quiet. Did not notice much movement at all.

Never to early to start. We started our roll call in Feb/March of 2011 for our Jan. 2013 cruise to Hawaii. :o

Thanks! I'm not too picky about my room although I may upgrade later to a balcony.

I was on the dream 1/28 2/4 it was awesome, room in the aft window room I think 2485 2 windows 2 baths it was amazing and did not cost extra, some people said it may shake when getting into port only felt it on the day we were getting off and needed to get up anyway, never heard noise in the hall or above, I read all I could from other cruisers so I worried about all the negitive....food was great drinks yummy workers worked thier asssss off and very nice very clean big ship and alot of fun it was my 6th cruise all but 2 on NCL, I am very easy to please when someone cooks and cleans for me I am a happer camper....because I am a mom, I appreciate all they do, have fun!!!!! :):)

I was on the dream 1/28 2/4 it was awesome, room in the aft window room I think 2485 2 windows 2 baths it was amazing and did not cost extra, some people said it may shake when getting into port only felt it on the day we were getting off and needed to get up anyway, never heard noise in the hall or above, I read all I could from other cruisers so I worried about all the negitive....food was great drinks yummy workers worked thier asssss off and very nice very clean big ship and alot of fun it was my 6th cruise all but 2 on NCL, I am very easy to please when someone cooks and cleans for me I am a happer camper....because I am a mom, I appreciate all they do, have fun!!!!! :):)

I'm pretty easy to please like you! I am sure the food will be more than adequate. Thanks! :)

Archived