NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

Just wanted to say Hi. We'll be moving back to NYC in a few months and we love cruising. We also love to go on cruises. :rolleyes:

What's the very best ship and itinerary?

Also....

Anyone doing an all-gay cruise?

You'll have a few options for cruising out of the northeast!

The Norwegian Breakaway is a great ship. I would suggest one of the longer itineraries that they do in the winter! She does Bermuda in the summer, then mostly 7 day cruises to Nassau, Florida, and their private Bahamian island in the off season. With those longer cruises sprinkled out in between ;)

Norwegian Gem sails mostly out of NYC but will be sailing out of San Juan from October-December of 2016. In the summer she sails the 7 day Bahama&Florida itinerary. In the winter she sails mostly 10 days to the eastern Caribbean.

Anthem of the Seas sails out of Bayonne. She arrives in November of this year and offers a series of cruises from 7-12 days. The 7/8 day cruises go to the Bahamas and Florida, with a stop at their private island Coco Cay. She also offers great 10/12 day cruises to the Eastern, Western, & Southern Caribbean during the winter. In the summer she'll take over the Bermuda/Caribbean route alternating 5 days to Bermuda and 9 days to Bermuda and the Eastern Caribbean.

Carnival Sunshine will be sailing out of NYC in the summer of 2016. She'll offer a few voyages to Canada but mostly sail 8 days to Florida & the Bahamas or 8 days to Nassau, Turks&Caicos, and Half Moon Cay(one of my favorite places ever).

Celebrity Summit will continue to sail 7 day cruises to Bermuda in the summer. She will be "refreshed" as she's going into drydock sometime early next year. She'll feature a few new entertainment venues and restaurants.

Baltimore isn't that far from NY and offers the Carnival Pride and Grandeur of the Seas year round!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All -

Just checking in and saying hello. We have two cruises booked for 2016 so far -

October out of NYC on the Sunshine to Bermuda and

November out of Ft Lauderdale on the Infinity to Bahamas

Looking for a 4-5 day in January - probably out of Miami or Pt Canaveral to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary!

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody, how were the holidays? Anyone book any cruises? I booked two. One on October 23rd 2016 on Ncl breakaway to Bermuda. First time going there so I'm excited and then a 14 night Southern Caribbean on November 27, 2016 on the NCL breakaway again. So tell me what's everyone else's next cruise? Maybe book on one of mine so we could meet

Hello everybody, how were the holidays? Anyone book any cruises? I booked two. One on October 23rd 2016 on Ncl breakaway to Bermuda. First time going there so I'm excited and then a 14 night Southern Caribbean on November 27, 2016 on the NCL breakaway again. So tell me what's everyone else's next cruise? Maybe book on one of mine so we could meet

Hey there. I'm actually about to cancel my cruise. We've fallen on hard times financially but 2017 I'm planning on making up for lost time with three cruises! lol

We've done Breakaway to Bermuda and had a great time. I enjoyed being in one port for a few days to really explore the island.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey, Brooklyn girl here.

I am thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise in early June on Breakaway. But I will only know for sure a few days before sailing. I like to book my cruises last minute. And when I say last minute, I really mean last minute lol. My previous Breakaway cruise in the end of November I booked two days before sailing. You can get some crazy good deals when booking last minute.

Hey there. I'm actually about to cancel my cruise. We've fallen on hard times financially but 2017 I'm planning on making up for lost time with three cruises! lol

We've done Breakaway to Bermuda and had a great time. I enjoyed being in one port for a few days to really explore the island.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear

Hey, Brooklyn girl here.

I am thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise in early June on Breakaway. But I will only know for sure a few days before sailing. I like to book my cruises last minute. And when I say last minute, I really mean last minute lol. My previous Breakaway cruise in the end of November I booked two days before sailing. You can get some crazy good deals when booking last minute.

That's awesome but did you get the drink package? They said now u have to book at least 30 days out to get it. I always book 9 months in advance

That's awesome but did you get the drink package? They said now u have to book at least 30 days out to get it. I always book 9 months in advance

You are right, if you book less then 30 days of the sailing date you get no promotion at all. But I saved a lot so it was ok, I don't drink that much anyway.

• 6 months later...

We're Rich and Tim (46 and 41) from Staten Island. We're together almost 23 years and been on cruises since 1997 (mostly Carnival but have done two Princess cruises and one Royal).

It's been 3 years since I logged in and posted anything on Cruise Critic. Since then, we became parents to a newborn girl who is now 3 1/2 . We took her on her first cruise (Emerald Princess) just after she turned a year old and another when she was 2 1/2.

Needless to say cruising is a totally different kind of experience with her compared to when it was just us and went mostly our friends.

In a few weeks, we'll sailing NCL for the first time on The Gem sailing out of NYC to Florida and the Bahamas. (8/13-20 sailing).

• 2 weeks later...
We're Rich and Tim (46 and 41) from Staten Island. We're together almost 23 years and been on cruises since 1997 (mostly Carnival but have done two Princess cruises and one Royal).

It's been 3 years since I logged in and posted anything on Cruise Critic. Since then, we became parents to a newborn girl who is now 3 1/2 . We took her on her first cruise (Emerald Princess) just after she turned a year old and another when she was 2 1/2.

Needless to say cruising is a totally different kind of experience with her compared to when it was just us and went mostly our friends.

In a few weeks, we'll sailing NCL for the first time on The Gem sailing out of NYC to Florida and the Bahamas. (8/13-20 sailing).

You will love the Gem. It is a great ship. It's smaller than the Breakaway and the other behemoths that are being built these days, but by no means small. There's just something about her that is special. And, she was just refurbished last year, so all the pubic spaces are brand new.

Unfortunately, they don't have solo cabins like Breakaway, or I would sail her exclusively.

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I will be sailing on Brilliance's 12/3 trip out of Tampa. This will be the first cruise experience for either of us.

We live in New Rochelle, 2 blocks from the MetroNorth station; we moved from Wakefield (on the Bronx/Yonkers border) in May. I'm a physician and medical educator (I teach at a medical school in central Westchester). David is in high-end catering at two locations in Manhattan, on the border between Midtown East and the Upper East Side.

I'm 46 (my 47th birthday is the day after we get back to Tampa), and David is 48 (turning 49 in September). We have a timeshare in Kissimmee/Orlando, and my parents retired there a few years ago, so we go to Florida several times a year, but have never gone on a cruise before. We will celebrate our sixth anniversary together this November.