Seven Sisters Jumping the Falls

realtysandy

Which tour companies allow you to jump the falls or turn the other way when you do? Anyone just hired a taxi and then a guide at the falls...if so how much? Can we book something just off ship to do this? Not interested in the cattle bus type tour...small groups??

• 1 month later...

Sandy,

Jumping from the falls is officially prohibited, unless you are a local kid jumping for tips. I really doubt you will find a tour operator who will allow you to do it. If you get lucky, you have a slim chance of finding one who will turn a blind eye.

I had a tour operator scold me for PRETENDING to climb the falls for a staged photo, and I was there independently. If you screw up and hurt yourself THEY are the ones who have to carry you back out, and fill out all the messy paper work.

If you have plenty of time, you can even take the local buses up and back down. You can hire a guide (who is really just one of the jumping kids) when you pay the entrance fee. While I'm not going to encourage you to do it, I have a hunch that if you tip the kids enough he will show you the best placeS to jump from. Don't blame me if you break something or drown... Also try to do this when there isn't a tour group around to avoid copy cats.

I have no idea how much a taxi would cost. IMHO if you are going to go through the trouble of getting a taxi, make it a half or whole day tour of the island since it probably will not cost you that much more than just paying the up and back cost. There will be plenty of taxi drivers in port you can haggle with.

Dennis

• 7 months later...

Archived