Previous Dawn Cruisers in April

serene sea

I would like to try the Dawn leaving out of New York next year in April, however I am very concerned on just how long does it take to begin to feel warm weather (enough to swim) Also, the last sea day coming home must be cool also...right? How were the waves? Overall, would you sail out of New York again at this time? Are you confined indoors for the day leaving and your last day returning? Any info would be great.

We went on the Dawn 4/18/04 sailing and our weather was perfect. We laid out by the pool during the 2 sea days.

A crew member said that it was the nicest week they had in the past 9 weeks, so we were very lucky. But, we also went on this vacation knowing that the first and last days might not have great weather.

I don't think I'd do it again though.

HappyTravels

2004-Norwegian Dawn (April)

Voyager of the Seas (July)

Miami (August)

2003-Aruba

Bahamas

Las Vegas, NV

Carnival Pride (Bermuda)

2002-Voyager of the Seas (Western)

Nordic Empress (Bermuda)

Wildwood, NJ

2001-Grand Princess (Eastern)

Jamaica

Turks & Caicos

2000-Puerto Rico

Carnival Fascination (Southern)

Turks & Caicos

1999-Las Vegas, NV

Cancun, Mexico

Paris, France

Venice, Florence, Rome, Italy

Carnival Fascination (Southern)

1998-Dominican Republic

Los Angelos, CA

Las Vegas, NV

1997-Puerto Rico

St. Maarten

Daytona Beach, FL

1996-Jamaica

Orlando,FL

We left this past April 25th from a cool and drizzly New York. The ships decks were nearly empty and noone was taking any plunges into the pools. With temperature adjusting from the normally cool weather in the North, to a humid 80 degrees in the South, the weather can turn on a dime and we had a burst of daily rain showers until we left the Florida coast.

The ship stops at Port canaveral, and Miami so if you are anxious to go swimming in the ocean, you'll either spend the first day in mid 60 degree range or wait until Miami to enjoy the more friendly 75-80 degree temps. Nassau and Stirrup Cay boast warm and easy ocean waves and a powerful sun nearly year round.

Returning, we enjoyed decent weather into port, and even the last day sailing past the Carolinas it was nice for most of the day, with a bit of rain later in the evening and into the night. Windy too! I really dont think the waves were bad on any night of the trip, but I have a tolerance for it.

I would say that April can go either way, but more than likely you'll be spending your first and last days of the cruise adjusting back to reality cause May 2nd can still bring on that damp spring weather!

If you worship the sun and water, I would plan the trip in late May instead.

-j

We sailed April 4th. It was drizzling when we left. The first see day was sunny, but cold and windy. There were some diehards around the pool in jackets (and a few in the pool). The 1st night we also had some 12 ft seas (but I think we were going through a storm). Tues. morning it was hot and sunny in FL. The sea day coming back was breezy, but the pool was heated to 91 and we were able to go in, but you had to wrap a towel around you immediately when you got out.

Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Majesty of the Seas 6/96

Galaxy 8/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/04

We went at the end of February-early March. It was cold one day out then warm enough to swim and sun. Coming back we stayed on Deck until Cape Haterus.-Sturday pm... it was fine...

Proud charter member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society

Oceania Insignia(Athens to Venice)-something new!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;26;23;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

smeyer418@yahoo.com

Celebrity, NCL, Overnight Ferry, hydrofoil between countries, car ferries and river cruise and of course the Staten Island Ferry

I am sailing on the Dawn next April.

I am planning on leaving NYC in cool weather and having cool sea days to/from.

You cannot predict the weather, but I am just going to plan on bringing long pants, jacket and a sweatshirt.

Once we hit Florida - I am sure it will be warm/sunny.

Norwegian Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;04;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2003;05;03;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas

Jonsmom,

We were on the Dawn late April/early May. You've got it just right: long pants, light jacket (like a windbreaker) and sweatshirt for New York and the first and last sea days, and then warm-weather clothes for Florida/Bahamas. Cropped pants also work well for both north and south.

CL

Archived