New Orleans Whale Lot -Checking luggage

tallyho8

When you park in the Whale Lot in New Orleans to board Royal Caribbean, where or how do you check your luggage?

Is there a porter that you drive up to and give your luggage before you park or does he come to your parked car or do you have to carry all your luggage somewhere to check it after you park?

When you park in the Whale Lot in New Orleans to board Royal Caribbean, where or how do you check your luggage?

Is there a porter that you drive up to and give your luggage before you park or does he come to your parked car or do you have to carry all your luggage somewhere to check it after you park?

Can someone explain what the Whale lot is? I'm clueless......

Can someone explain what the Whale lot is? I'm clueless......

The Whale Lot is the large parking lot that you park in when you cruise from the Julia Street terminal on Norwegian or Royal Caribbean. The Erato terminal used by Carnival has a parking garage.

The Whale Lot is the large parking lot that you park in when you cruise from the Julia Street terminal on Norwegian or Royal Caribbean. The Erato terminal used by Carnival has a parking garage.

Ok I have always cruised on Carnival and will again in May. I guess I will automatically get to park in the garage.

The whale lot is a very large ground lot on the west side of the Riverwalk Marketplace mall - with a giant whale painted on the side of the building. The artist (whose name I cannot recall) paints whale pictures all over the world. I saw a gallery with his paintings in Carmel, CA.

We cruised out of NOLA in January. There are RCL baggage porters at the corner of the Whale lot nearest the ship. The lot attendants should direct you to the baggage drop-off.

We used the Fulton Place garage a block away that reserves a spot in advance and has shuttles in both directions. The Fulton Place shuttle stopped at the same location where baggage is picked up at the Whale lot.

Both parking facilities are great, one is an open lot (Whale), the other is covered and has advanced reservations.

Have a great cruise.

We cruised out of NOLA in January. There are RCL baggage porters at the corner of the Whale lot nearest the ship. The lot attendants should direct you to the baggage drop-off.

We used the Fulton Place garage a block away that reserves a spot in advance and has shuttles in both directions. The Fulton Place shuttle stopped at the same location where baggage is picked up at the Whale lot.

Both parking facilities are great, one is an open lot (Whale), the other is covered and has advanced reservations.

Have a great cruise.

Do you remember if the Fulton garage just charges you for 5 days if it is a 5 days cruise even though your car would be sitting there for part of 6 days? I have emailed them several times but no response so that's why I haven't reserved yet.

Do you remember if the Fulton garage just charges you for 5 days if it is a 5 days cruise even though your car would be sitting there for part of 6 days? I have emailed them several times but no response so that's why I haven't reserved yet.

If it's a five day cruise starting on Saturday the earliest you would park there is 10AM on Saturday. The cruise ends at 8 AM Thursday and you would be out to get your car by 10AM Thursday. This is only 5 days. The time starts when you get your card out of the machine not at midnight.

If it's a five day cruise starting on Saturday the earliest you would park there is 10AM on Saturday. The cruise ends at 8 AM Thursday and you would be out to get your car by 10AM Thursday. This is only 5 days. The time starts when you get your card out of the machine not at midnight.

Thanks-this is what I thought. I am going to make a reservation at the Fulton garage and save a few $$-everything I've read about them has been positive!

When I reserved, the reservation system asked for the dates we would be using the garage, in and out. I am sure they bill you for a full day as opposed to any fraction thereof. The rate charged was $12/day which was the most reasonable I could find. --Don

• 7 months later...

Archived