Adventure Ocean Question

Angel59920

just got off Serenade today, boo hoo. we had to sign up during the evening open house. We signed up and were very excited about the program but we had to stay while the kids were there and couldn't

check them in until next day. The next day (at sea) their hours were a little strange closing for lunch for 2 hours which was right about the time I wanted some time for myself. 2 out of our 4 kids got a stomach virus and were sick for 24hrs. I don't think the AO area is up to the sanitary standards employed on the rest of ship. During the late night activity 10pm-2am when we returned to pick up our kids they were face down on the floor asleep cause they were really tired. Very easy to pick up norovirus if you face is on the surface where other kids walk, sit, sneeze on, etc. Very bummed about that. They could have used towels or something. Can't imagine that this age group doesn't normally have children who do fall asleep that late at night. My older daughter LOVED her teen program and has made a ton of friends to text and email now.

Clubs are always closed for two hours at lunch on every ship if your kids are too tired for the late night zone, they should be asleep in their cabins. You are the parent and need to behave like one. If it annoys you to have your kids around, leave them home.

Geri, We flew into Puerto Rico in advance like I am sure many others did. My kids were well rested and even though every RCCL may close on the first day from 12-2 I am simply saying maybe it should be considered to have it open. My kids wanted to attend the late night party but I never dreamed I would find them being allowed to sleep on the floor. If I had known that was occurring or would happen I would have returned them to the cabin. We did not return for the late night events for the rest of the time. If I wanted to cruise without my FOUR children I would have left them at home. Having time away from the kids makes me a better parent and allows my husband and I (whose 50th birthday was on this trip) to spend time together. Children also benefit from meeting new kids and especially ones who come from different countries. I am,like others, making comments about the program not judging or making assumptions about anyone. The week prior to our trip our ship had an outbreak of Norovirus and they really seemed to ramp up the efforts to sanitize the ship, sleeping on the middle of the floor should not be an option while they are on high alert for Norovirus, or any time for that matter.

Archived