Cruise Prep Countdown

Realblonde474

Ok, I leave in a couple of weeks and things at work are crazy and I am started to get stressed about all the things that I need to do to go on vacation:

house prep

babysitter prep

me prep: hair, nails, body stuff

packing

etc

Any ideas for a timetable?

Many thanks as I know that y'all can help!

Donna:confused::confused::confused:

2 weeks out:

• Finalize packing list
  • Try on all outfits for cruise & note which jewelry & shoes goes with each on spreadsheet
  • Launder / dry-clean / tailor anything that needs it
  • Buy Gallon & Quart Ziplocs for packing
  • Get hair cut / colored
  • Make appts for spray-tan, pedicure, gel manicure, & bikini / brow wax next week
  • Assemble packing station with suitcase, carry-on, toiletry bag & handbag(s)

1 week out:

• Pack all undies, bras, workout wear, swimwear, socks, shoes, jewelry & miscellaneous items in gallon ziplocs & put in suitcase
  • Put one change of clothes, including undies & a swimsuit, in a gallon ziploc in carry-on.
  • Pack all other clothing in suitcase, and all other carry-on items that you can (check them off your list) in the carry-on
  • Make 2 copies of your passports. One stays with a friend or relative back home, one goes in your suitcase.
  • Fill any prescriptions you have (enough for the trip plus a few days extra, just in case).
  • Purchase any extra items you need from your list & pack those

3 Days from leaving:

• Bikini & Brow Wax
  • Pick up any items from tailor & dry cleaner
  • Get cash for tipping

2 Days from leaving:

• Send emergency contact (Shore to Ship, flight info, etc.) details to friend/relative at home.
  • Take care of any arrangements for mail/newspaper delivery
  • Notify neighbors you will be away
  • Call credit card companies and let them know you will be on a cruise & what countries you will be visiting, so they don't shut down your account.
  • Charge your electronics (camera, Kindle, phone, iPad)

1 Day from leaving:

• Gel Manicure, Pedicure, Spray Tan
  • Finish packing
  • Post list on mirror in bathroom with final items to put in toiletry or carry-on bag for the morning
  • Post list on door on way out to car with double check for critical items: Phone, Camera, Passports, Driver's License, Boarding Docs (Plane & Ship), Chargers for Electronics

Our adult kids (in college) still live at home, so we don't have to do nearly as much as we used to when leaving home, just leave them a list of to-do's. We have great kids (busy - too busy to invite a bunch of friends over), so we don't worry about that.

The Sunday before leaving We put up a rolling rack in the living room (see above...no extra rooms or closets in our house :p). We select our clothes from the closet, press and/or fold and put them on/under the rack. Same with shoes/accessories, I don't pack until the morning or or night before, but everything is ready to go.

I don't have enough bras/underwear to last 2 weeks, so I leave a list on the rolling rack what needs to be included the last day. We do laundry right before leaving, so we have plenty to take on the trip.

Haircut at least 2 weeks in advance, 3 weeks sometimes. Nails are usually 2-3 days prior, I have a standing appointment so I just make sure my appt. is that week.

I notify the credit card companies, I leave a list of last minute details taped to the front door.

I pack all documents, confirmation numbers, passports, etc...into a case and that is in my travel tote. I check that they are there several times, especially when walking out the door for the last time.

I check to make sure any bills that may come due while we're away are paid or scheduled to be paid.

I do not let a lot of the neighbors know we will be gone, just one couple 2 doors down.

2 weeks out:

• Finalize packing list
  • Try on all outfits for cruise & note which jewelry & shoes goes with each on spreadsheet
  • Launder / dry-clean / tailor anything that needs it
  • Buy Gallon & Quart Ziplocs for packing
  • Get hair cut / colored
  • Make appts for spray-tan, pedicure, gel manicure, & bikini / brow wax next week
  • Assemble packing station with suitcase, carry-on, toiletry bag & handbag(s)

1 week out:

• Pack all undies, bras, workout wear, swimwear, socks, shoes, jewelry & miscellaneous items in gallon ziplocs & put in suitcase
  • Put one change of clothes, including undies & a swimsuit, in a gallon ziploc in carry-on.
  • Pack all other clothing in suitcase, and all other carry-on items that you can (check them off your list) in the carry-on
  • Make 2 copies of your passports. One stays with a friend or relative back home, one goes in your suitcase.
  • Fill any prescriptions you have (enough for the trip plus a few days extra, just in case).
  • Purchase any extra items you need from your list & pack those

3 Days from leaving:

• Bikini & Brow Wax
  • Pick up any items from tailor & dry cleaner
  • Get cash for tipping

2 Days from leaving:

• Send emergency contact (Shore to Ship, flight info, etc.) details to friend/relative at home.
  • Take care of any arrangements for mail/newspaper delivery
  • Notify neighbors you will be away
  • Call credit card companies and let them know you will be on a cruise & what countries you will be visiting, so they don't shut down your account.
  • Charge your electronics (camera, Kindle, phone, iPad)

1 Day from leaving:

• Gel Manicure, Pedicure, Spray Tan
  • Finish packing
  • Post list on mirror in bathroom with final items to put in toiletry or carry-on bag for the morning
  • Post list on door on way out to car with double check for critical items: Phone, Camera, Passports, Driver's License, Boarding Docs (Plane & Ship), Chargers for Electronics

thank you.

Archived