allure- beach pool?

obsessedsc

On every ship we have ever been on we prefered to lay out away from the pool and never had problems finding a chair. On the Allure I would like to experience chairs by the beach pool for like 2 hours one day of our trip! Any advice on the best time to try to make this happen?! (port days are not an option because we are planning excursions at them all)

ps! we are rule followers...not gonna find us hogging chairs or with our diapered baby in the pool!

I would say early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I was on the Allure last May and we discovered that the beach pool is pretty popular (it was our favorite). However, if you go around 2 or 3 in the afternoon you can usually catch some people leaving to go take a nap or get ready before dinner.

I would think that 7 or 8 would be good but I never got out there that early to know one way or the other. I do know that one day we got out to the pool around 9 and it was packed already. Not just the beach pool but all of the pools. It was a sea day though and those are definitely busier pool days.

On our cruise we boarded directly at 11, ate lunch, then changed into suits via our carry on bag. We had the beach pool along with 4 or 5 others till about 2pm when we went to our cabin. Day 2 (eastern) we stayed on the ship in Nassau had plenty of time in the morning before giving up the chairs for a couples massage and lunch. Got them back in time before people got back on board and had them for sailaway around 3pm. On sea days they were full by 8:30. After that, you can get one, but you have to keep your eyes open. It helps to be thoughtful and watch for thoughtful people. As we were getting up, if I saw 2 people looking for a chair I would motion them over as we gathered our things.

perfect! we will try the first day after we get lunch and if not then we'll go early on a sea day!

next ?- we would like to watch sail away from the deck 14 (secret/ not so secret spot)- what time does the muster drill get out. and what would be a good plan for a pit stop for a drink on our way there? how crowded is it there at sail away and is it easy to find?

I was on Allure last May. Some of the chairs by the beach pool have umbrellas. If you want to grab the chairs that have the umbrella that you can open or close you need to make it out there by 8:00 AM, 8:30 at the latest. However the other chairs by the beach pool didn't fill up until about 9:00 AM or so. As someone else mentioned it usually starts to clear out around 3:00 PM also because people start to go inside to get ready for dinner or they have had enough sun at that point

perfect! we will try the first day after we get lunch and if not then we'll go early on a sea day!

next ?- we would like to watch sail away from the deck 14 (secret/ not so secret spot)- what time does the muster drill get out. and what would be a good plan for a pit stop for a drink on our way there? how crowded is it there at sail away and is it easy to find?

Its easy to find if you know where to go ;) If you don't you can get lost in Adventure ocean trying to find your way out. At the top of the forward stairs deck 14, go to the left (port side of the ship) Go like you are going to the cabins that are in that area, don't go into adventure ocean. As you pass the last cabin on your left there is a door going outside, watch your step going up. Once you see this you may think there is a corresponding door on the right side of the ship, there is not. I do remember having plenty of time getting from my muster in the aqua theater up there. Once you enter the area the wing on teh port side will be more crowded than the starboard side because of the webcam on shore. I've watched dozens of sailaways on the webcam and most of the time this area is fairly crowded. We got there early and had no problems.

That's me in the kahki pants and black shirt looking for the webcam.

sailaway.jpg

Hi everybody, can anybody tell me what the beach pool is on the allure??? thanks

Its just a pool, but the spill over area is larger and there are chairs there so as the pool spashes the water comes up to the chairs like at the beach.

Archived