Virgin Drinks Cheaper?

I am pregnant and am just wondering if anyone knows if it is less expensive to buy virgin drinks (daquiris, pina coloda, etc) on RCL?

Thanks....

The answer is YES, at least it is on the Radiance. I don't drink much alcohol, and actually prefer non-alcoholic beverages, but I really like the tropical stuff. I ordered virgin drinks all week on the Radiance and they were typically $1.50-2.00 cheaper than those with aclohol.

Neither of us usually drink alcohol either. Our experience has shown us that when ordering a "virgin" drink not to ask for a virgin drink. Ask for a drink without the alcohol. EVERY TIME we have asked for a virgin drink, it has included the alcohol (and we have been on seven cruises). We have learned to ask for a non-alcohol drink, not virgin.

Tim & Crystal

i had pancreatitis a few years back and can no longer have alcohol, at risk of death! i should HOPE that a bartender would know that virgin mean no alcohol? in reference to drinking anyway :eek: . should i be double careful and order a virgin drink with NO alcohol??? redundant, no :confused:

DH and I don't care for the taste of alcohol, and on our 20 + cruises, have always ordered 'virgins' and have never been given a drink with alcohol. We also request that our drinks not be brought in souvenir glasses (any one want a set?)

M.

albertiger

Based on what has happened with us, definitely ask for a drink without alcohol, if you want to include virgin in that sentence, ok, but make sure they understand NO ALCOHOL. As i stated in my previous post, NEVER have we gotten a virgin drink when asking for a virgin drink, we have ALWAYS gotten one with the alcohol in it. Michuck, I am GLAD you have been luckier than we have with the virgin drinks. LOL

Tim & Crystal

I don't drink alcohol and I always ask for non-alcoholic strawberry dacquiri and have never had a problem. I always enjoy teasing my husband that my bar bill is cheaper than his (he gets the ones with the alcohol):) . Our first cruise was the first time I ever had a "fancy" drink. I always figured I had to settle for Coke (or something like that) when I would order something to drink, while everyone else got the frozen drinks with the umbrellas and stuff :o . We were sitting on the beach one day and the waitress kept walking by with all these fancy looking drinks, finally I stopped her and asked if they had anything without alcohol, other than Coke. That's when she told me I could get any of the frozen drinks without the alcohol. I enjoyed my non-alcoholic dacquiri so much that when we got back to the ship that's all I drank for the remainder of the cruise.

Archived