Celebrity Silhouette-October 23, 2012

Inverso

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Greg. We look forward to meeting you and Ray. I use to live in San Francisco (a couple of decades ago now). We will have another couple Dave & Daniel travelling with us (and they use to live in San Jose). We also arrive in Venice on the 21st. Really looking forward to the trip too!

• 1 month later...

Hi there. Ray and I have sailed on Celebrity many times. Most recently we were on the equinox last August, visiting Rome, Turkey, and Greece. Beautiful ship and I'm expecting Silhouette to be of the same caliber ship. Where we you from? Greg and ray

Hi guys,

John and I took the trip to Rome, Greece and Turkey as well.:)

We had a marvelous time.

The world is just so beautiful!

We are from New Jersey.

This will be our third Celebrity cruise.

We took our first cruise for an anniversary present to ourselves thinking ok, it is something different. I wasn't sure I would like cruising. We are old backpackers who in the day traveled via a Eurail Pass and and a thumb!

Now I like to know I will sleep in a bed every night. :D

Were you in Malta on your last cruise?

I find Malta fascinating.

Croatia is reputed to be gorgeous.

Only a few weeks left before we say, "All Aboard!"

Have a great day. Lu

Hi Lu and John and Greg and Ray....Jay here from Brad and Jay. It's been a while since I posted and thought I would jump right on in. We are from Scottsdale AZ. and have been on several Celebrity cruise. The only ships that we have sailed from the Celebrity fleet are those that are in the Solstice class....they are incredible ships! We will be arriving two days prior to departure. We will be traveling with our friends, Dave and Daniel, so it looks like we will have a nice sized group. Brad and I have traveled to some of the ports but there are many new ones that we are looking forward to seeing. We should try and schedule a time and place to get together. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys -

Well, our trip is quickly approaching and I and wait! Have any of you signed up for excursions? There's a biking excursion I am thinking of, but Ray has no interest. Anyone in Aqua Class? We are and we're in aqua class on the equinox and loved it. I'm not sure what to expect as far as weather. I'm hoping it will be warm enough for the pool. Can't wait to meet all of you. Greg

Hi,

I have been shopping for our cruise! That's almost as much fun as going.

I plan almost all of our land excursions myself. I research and find what w like to do. I feel sometimes going on a guided excursion is a little like herding cats. John and I like similar things so it works out just fine. For instance, if we are going to a museum and then a winery, and then an abbey, I would rather savor the museum and the wine!

We like the local people during the day and the cruisers at night. This way we get the best of both worlds!

Keep counting down!

Lu:o

Hello everyone.....yes the cruise is fast approaching and we are getting very excited. No shopping for us yet but rest assured that is yet to come. Brad and I too like very similar things but he is the official planner. We typically go on private excursions since they seem to allow you better insight into the local people and culture. Our nights are usually spent on the ship enjoy fellow cruisers, meals and cocktails. Talk to you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard! This is Greg from SF.

I've been to Rome a few times and have loved every trip. Last time we were there we did a small group tour of the Vatican and it was well worth it. This will be my first time in any of the ports we are seeing on this trip and really looking forward to it. We arrive on the 21st and staying at the Hotel Flora. Not sure if you are arriving early. We have signed up for some walking tour of Venice, including the Doges palace. On the ship we have signed up for a Blue Grotto excursion in Malta and a trip to Bologna from Ravenna, and I am looking at a cycling excursion in Kotor.

Are you travelling with anyone? I will be with my partner Ray.

Greg

gregcshort1@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Archived