What to take cave tubing

callyrob

If you can find a waterproof camera with a flash that would be great! I took bug spray and did not need it. Sunscreen of course and your towel. We went with Coral Breeze and were able to lock everything in the van while we were gone. I had a backpack with the things I thought I might need. They have some local vendors there so take extra cash if you think you may want to buy something. My sunglasses got in the way with the headlamp and certainly did not need them in the caves! It is a great tour! Have fun!

I would recommend wearing your swimsuit with a cover-up (female) or a shirt with swim trunks (male). As far as shoes go, I'm sure you have read the different recommedations people have made. They are usually water shoes, teva style sandals or cheap tennis shoes (that you are willing to toss after the excursion). I wore water shoes and my DH wore teva sandals and we both did great!

In a backpack, I would bring: a couple of gallon size ziplocs (to hold wet clothes, swimsuits, shoes, etc), a change of clothes and shoes, a bottle of water, a towel, a camera and a waterproof camera for the excursion. You may need sunscreen. We didn't use any and barely saw any sun, the hike is through the rain forrest.

If you can find a waterproof camera with a flash you will be able to get photos inside the caves, but I have heard that they are very expensive. We took one without a flash and the only pictures that came out are the ones of the hike, the leap into the water and when we came out of the caves. I'm still glad I brought it, but would have loved cave pics.

Archived