NCL Spirit Restaurants

Freshman

Hi guys! I've never sailed before, but I'm planning to go on an Alaska cruise this late summer.

Although some people criticize NCL, their free style cruising sounds good to me.

The problem is that I have hard time to get actual information about Spirit's restaurants.

I don't think NCL's homepage is really informative or correct.

Is there anybody who knows or remembers exact numbers of the restaurants on Spirit?

I'd like to know their exact numbers and names and which restaurants require sir charge and which ones do not.

According to NCL homepage, there are 8 restaurants(Windows, The Garden room, Maxim’s, Shogun,

Tai Pan, La Trattoria, Raffles Buffet & Terrace and Blue Lagoon)on Sprit.

These 8 restaurants really there?

"Le Bistro" is not in these 8 restaurants, but I noticed some of you wrote about this restaurant

and nobody wrote about Blue Lagoon, La Trattoria and Tai Pan. Some web site says that restaurants' sir charge is $12.50, but somebody here wrote it was $15.00.

I am so confused. Please help!!!

Oh, one more question, on other boards, somebody was complaining that NCL charged juice.

Even in the morning? I am a juice lover.

If I buy a soda card, can I get juice besides soda?

Thank you for your help!!!!

I would like to know if the soda card includes juice, etc. I am SO going to miss sipping champagne this cruise!

I have yet to sail the Spirit, but I have heard that Maxim's is the French restaurant and has a surcharge. I am planning this one for our anniversary dinner on 6/17. I also heard La Trattoria was renamed Le Bistro, but from a possibly unreliable source. Either way, I know this one has a surcharge as does Tai Pan (did this name change too?)

I am quite certain Blue Lagoon is the buffet and early reports are that it's not that great. I usually don't do the buffet anyway, especially when room service is such a great option. Besides, there is nothing like being waited on!

I hope you get answers about the restaurants. I would like to know about them too. icon_smile.gif

Maria

Go Spirit 6/12/04!!!

Carnival Fantasy (??) 12/90

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 9/92

Carival Ecstasy 9/2002

NCL Spirit 6/2004

I think your information needs updating the Blue Lagoon is a 24 hour grill not a buffet. Some of the surcharges have increased over the last few months. I think the NCL info is about as accurate as there is.

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/spirit/spirit_rest.htm

I would suspect that only three of the resturants have extra charges, Maxim's, Tai Pan and Shogun. all the rest are free. You probably will need reservations at Trattoria

there is no Bistro listed. That doesn't mean that they might not rename a restaurant. i.e. Tai Pan may become the Bistro since it is described as a bistro-style restaurant.

Proud charter member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society

Oceania Insignia(Athens to Venice)-something new!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;26;23;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

smeyer418@yahoo.com

Celebrity, NCL, Overnight Ferry, hydrofoil between countries, car ferries and river cruise and of course the Staten Island Ferry

I will have to answer this from memory so there may be some minor errors.

Blue Lagoon, 24 hours, free, great fried rice and wonton soup. They had a variety of other things, but I didn't try any of them.

La Trattoria, evenings (half of the buffet area), free, Italian food

Windows, breakfast, lunch and dinner, free, one of the main dining rooms

Garden Room, dinner, free, one of the main dining rooms

Taipan Le Bistro, dinner, $15 base surchare, some items higher, French cusine

Shogun, lunch and dinner sushi, dinner teppanyaki (cooked at table) surcharge varies

Maxims, dinner, surcharge starts at $20 or $25, primarily steaks.

There is also a Chinese restaurant, I don't remeber the name,

Raffles is the buffet, food ranges from poor to ok. My DW enjoyed the french toast, and they would have good fruit and cereal. The bacon was usually way to cooked for my taste, sausages were ok

Till we sail on the Norwegian Spirit \Leo

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My family of (6) persons just returned from the Spirit and I can agree with Misguy's wife re the

french toast in Raffles but other than that the food left much to be desired and the imagination . There were days when we had to really guess as to what was in the pans. My family is not hard to please but if you go to

Raffles and after the 1st day feel it is bad than you are correct and run not walk to one of the other restrauants as it does not get any better. The food in Windows/Garden Room was

good and you could tell what it was.

We did try the Blue Lagoon and the food was

also about the best fast food on the ship the

only problem was that it is very small and always crowded.

The one thing we noticed that in the Gardens

and Windows the dress code was not followed as there were people in there with jeans, tee shirts etc, we did not see any shorts but

there was certainly persons who were not in resort casual. So this is not something they

must enforce.

CCL Tropicale Jan 99

CCL Celebration Feb 2000

CCL Paradise Feb 2001

NCL Spirit May 2004

I liked the Blue Lagoon, but it was hard to find a place to sit because it's so small. Also, there's a really cute waiter that works there! Okay, I'm 51 and he's probably 30, but what the heck!

I didn't realize until the last night that the Italian restaurant is free. They use half of the buffet (Raffles) area for that restaurant every night. We ate at Maxims one night (great, great steaks) and we were charged $20 p/p (I thought it was $25).

I agree that the food in Raffles was very hard to identify. I really enjoyed the afternoon barbeques on the back of the ship (okay, aft). The longest we had to wait for Windows was 25 minutes (we got there at 7:30 pm). And forget about a dress code. Nobody seems to follow it. On the optional formal night, we had some people in formal wear and some people in jeans. Freestyle was alive and well!

Hi, Misguy.

>I will have to answer this from memory so there may be some minor errors.

Thank you so much, your answer was very helpful.

I also thank all of you who sent comment about my questions.

MAHALO!!(Thanks in Hawaiian)

Archived