excursion suggestions for children

s11019

You might try

http://www.jollyrogercayman.com

It's an "old" wodden Pirate Ship. They take you on a sailing tour of the island, have snacks, and a "pirate show". You even get to walk the plank!!! They let the kids help man the sail. Check out the site I think it was $35 for adults and $25 for kids. If your going on Carnival just email Warren.

We sail on Carnival alot... four boys, need i say more... and two years ago my husband saw a pirate ship in the harbor, after investigating we contacted the co. and had a great time all the boys 20,13,10,and 3 month old( he didn't go) loved it and got into the act. Made for some funny pictures. Hope this helps. Good luck.:D

We are also looking for a GC excursion with our kids 2 & 4. Saw Capt. Marvins glass bottom boat and tour... Has anyone done this, what about adding either the turtle or butterfly farm - which is better?

Looking for any opinions.

Thanks

A couple of ideas for excursions with young children, we travel with our kids (age 5 and 8 now) as well. Last trip to GC we did the Atlantis submarine because the kids were too young to snorkel. They loved it because they could see the "underwater" mom and dad see when they snorkel.

I do hear that the Turtle Farm is very neat.

This trip we are renting a jeep through AVIS (I think there are a couple of good car rental agencies) and we are heading to Rum Point. The water is very gentle there and the kids can snorkle off the beach. There is also a little cove where there is suppose to be tons of starfish, and a little beach close by with sea shells. We booked the car through Island Marketing. Here is the link to the page for snorkeling on GC, scroll down to Rum Point. Once you click that on, you will see a click for the map of Rum Point and you will be able to see the map depicting the items I mentioned above.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/GrandCaymanSnorkeling.htm

The beach there sounds very nice for kids. Seven Mile is a beautiful beach, but it is crowded and it tends to be a little wavy. This beach sounds a little calmer. There is suppose to be a small refreshment stand too with the typical hamburgers, hot dogs etc. and of course Rum Punch for mom and dad!

Great thing about GC is that it is very clean and safe. You can feel comfortable walking around the shopping areas with your kids (of course never letting them be out of sight) but you won't experience the locals trying to sell you illegal items (if you catch my drift) and explain that to the kids.

Have a great trip!

Archived