Best Ship for Kids

Valor2005

Looking to take our daughter and family on a 7-8 day cruise from Florida sometime between Nov. '12 and Feb '13 to celebrate her graduation from nursing school. Grandkids are ages 8 and 2. Any opinions on the best ship for kids in that age group? Also, which itinerary (Eastern or Western Caribbean)? I know this has been asked before, but would like updated opinions. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I would go on a ship with lots of activities and a great pool area.

My kids loved the Dream the best.. great slides, expanded Camp Carnival area as well as Circle C and Club O2 areas.

Fun Game Room, Mini Golf, Basketball, etc.

As far as Eastern or Western.... I think there is more to do for families and kids on the Western.. thinking of Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Zip lining , Seeing the Monkeys in Roatan, Stingrays and Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman, etc.

Catrin

I can't speak on a particular ship since we are doing our first Carnival cruise this summer, but I would would definitely say the Western is a much better itinerary for kids.

There are many exciting and different excursion choices that the Western has that the Eastern doesn't offer. Catrin mentioned some of the choices.

I would say that the Eastern is a more relaxing itinerary if that is what you are looking for.

Have a great time in whatever you choose. :)

I would go on a ship with lots of activities and a great pool area.

My kids loved the Dream the best.. great slides, expanded Camp Carnival area as well as Circle C and Club O2 areas.

Fun Game Room, Mini Golf, Basketball, etc.

As far as Eastern or Western.... I think there is more to do for families and kids on the Western.. thinking of Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Zip lining , Seeing the Monkeys in Roatan, Stingrays and Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman, etc.

Catrin

Catrin, we have teens, since you have done both the Liberty and the Dream can you tell me which you think would be better a better choice for that age group???? Did the Dream have a lot more activities than the Liberty for teens? The slide is nice, but our kids would probably like the separate volleyball court on the Liberty which I don't think the Dream has. It probably won't make much of a difference to our youngest (9). We are currently booked on the Liberty (picked it for the separate volleyball court), but we can change to the Dream if the kids would have a better time on it. This was a very tough choice for us.

By the way, I did look at your review and wonderful photos, your family is adorable! My kids ages are 16, 15, 13 and 9. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like the Western itinerary is the way to go. My GS is all about pirates and I'm hoping to find some sort of activity or tour for him.

Catin- I read your review of your Dream cruise and enjoyed it immensely! Thank you so much for posting it.

Archived