Passport Stamps?

katiepe

I don't believe you can get your passport stamped on board at all. At all the ports we have had them stamped at the port at their "customs" offices. Each port has workers that will tell you where that is. I have never heard of Guest Services having anything to do with it.

I have been able to get my passport stamped at most of the ports. It is easy to do by asking the customs people and usually the customs offices are right at the terminal in most ports. Although in Cozumel they direct you to the tourist office in town to get a stamp.

I was on a Northern Europe/ Baltic cruise last summer and the Irish officials held our passports while we were in Ireland. The officials boarded our ship at the last port before our Ireland ports. Our passports were returned the night we left Ireland. The other ports stamped our passports when we went thru customs in each country.

Thanks.

I guess I misread a post that said they left their passports to be stamped. :confused:It was one about taking passports off the ship while in port but I cant find it now.

No, you didn't misread a post. I read the same post as you did (unless we are both misreading:p). I was thinking of asking on my next cruise to have this done. If they don't do it fine but I personally never take my passport into ports, just copies of it. Just me.

It used to be you could ask Guest Services if they could get your passport stamped by the immigration officials when they come on board ship - and some posters say this works - but it's never worked for me.

The easiest way is to find out where to get your passport stamped and do it yourself. It's usually close by where the ship docks - have had success in Ocho Rios; Nassau; Grand Cayman, Tortola (which is actually in town but near enough to walk) and St. John's, Antigua. The office in Port Zante is near the ship dock but the official wasn't there.

You can see my stamps, included requested ones, here: British Virgin Islands 2007

If you're going from Marigot to Anguilla on your own (and it's doable), you'll have to ask St. Martin officials to stamp your passport before entering the ferry waiting room. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. (And when they saw the exit stamp, St. Martin stamped us back in.)

As well, Nassau has the same stamp as they did five years ago. Went there as part of a three-day cruise recently and have gotten stamps from Nassau three out of the four or five times I've been there. That's the highlight of our stop there :D - we stick our heads out the ship, walk around, then come back in an hour.

No, you didn't misread a post. I read the same post as you did (unless we are both misreading:p). I was thinking of asking on my next cruise to have this done. If they don't do it fine but I personally never take my passport into ports, just copies of it. Just me.

Exactly. I am going to ask too.. for my grandson.

I think it depends on the ship.

We were on Monarch Of The Seas and took our passports to Guest Services to get them stamped. We were told we had just missed the guy. They told us we should have brought them to Guest Services the night before if we wanted them stamped.

A few months later we were back on the Fascination and took our passports to Guest Services the night before in hopes of dropping them off to get stamped the next day. The lady at Guest Services looked at me like I had two heads and said this was unheard of and no one stamped passports anymore.

Archived