Specialty Restaurants or NOT

Nanna5

We will be cruising on the Alllure, April 1st. We are trying to decide if we want to reserve one of the specialty dining packages. We love the food at Chops. We love to meet people. We don't feel we will have the opportunity to meet as many people if we are eating at the specialty restaurants three nights of the cruise. Do the specialty restaurants offer that good of food? Which restaurants do you suggest?

We will be cruising on the Alllure, April 1st. We are trying to decide if we want to reserve one of the specialty dining packages. We love the food at Chops. We love to meet people. We don't feel we will have the opportunity to meet as many people if we are eating at the specialty restaurants three nights of the cruise. Do the specialty restaurants offer that good of food? Which restaurants do you suggest?

We are the week after you; April 8. I like the main dining room (MDR) but get a little tired of the food. We have booked Giovanni's Table for lunch on Easter Sunday when we board so as not to fight the crowds in the WJ. Also booked Chops as a family on the 2nd formal night. For just DW and MIL, we are doing the Chef's Table. Did it last year and it was great. Only 14 people each night. We met very fun people and saw them the rest of the cruise. Last year on Allure, DW and I did 150 Central Park. The food was outstanding and we have not booked it again this trip but I may talk her into it during the cruise. So we usually do 4 nights in the MDR an 3 in a specialty restaurant. This trip will probably be 5 in MDR and 2 in the other. Also liked the sushi place. Good luck with making your selections.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check out Chef's Table. When I looked at the menu for 150 Central Park, it looked like there are no choices. Do they just have one entree? Central Park is the restaurant that I originally thought we would book.

Archived