Sweetener?

Gemynii

I've heard that the tea offered on CCL is pretty bad because it is made from a concentrate and that it only comes unsweet...

Do they provide sweeteners on board at no cost or should we bring our own? Would it improve the taste at all?

Silly questions, I know, but if anyone has an answer, I'd appreciate it. :)

Thanks,

Kim

It's not a silly question at all. I was wondering the same thing before our cruise last year. Yes, they do have sweetener available. I remember them having packets of sugar, Sweet N Low, and Splenda right by the drink stations on the Lido and on the tables in the MDR. I honestly don't remember if they had Equal because I only use Splenda to sweeten my tea, but adding sweetener does help the taste. It has a lemon concentrate taste to it that is odd at first, but after a day or so drinking it, it's really not that bad.

We just got off the Victory and they had all kinds of sweetner everywhere...blue packets, pink packets, yellow packets, real sugar, raw sugar. There were even samples of the new Splenda with vitamins in our cabin!

We've also seen all the colors available... pink, blue, yellow, raw & regular sugar....

I've heard that the tea offered on CCL is pretty bad because it is made from a concentrate and that it only comes unsweet...

Do they provide sweeteners on board at no cost or should we bring our own? Would it improve the taste at all?

Silly questions, I know, but if anyone has an answer, I'd appreciate it. :)

Thanks,

Kim

If you put ice in your cup and then the tea...only do half tea and the other half ice water then add the sweetners, it is MUCH better this way. The sweetners seem to really be hit or miss...if you only use one type I would bring it just in case you need it!

Take a few of those Single bottle drink packets, youknow such as Crystal Light, Kool-aid , or MIO etc. and mix it in the Carnival Crap Lemonade & Iced Tea to flavor/sweeten it to something you like better.

OP, just to let you know, I drink my iced-tea unsweetened and I thought the tea on our last two cruises was just fine. Mix or no-mix, I actually liked it, so just try it and and judge for yourself. They have small baskets of sliced lemon too, if you like a piece in your tea.

:)

Thanks for all the responses! I have no problem drinking it unsweet, but DH won't be able to unless he can add sugar or Splenda.

I'll have to try all the suggestions for improving the taste to see which one I like best. :)

Thanks again,

Kim

Archived