Must-haves cruising with 13 month old?

meefnyc

rubber duck inflatable tub to take to the pool with you.

disposable sippy cups.

a few reminders of home, we took a little bag of books and toys to use in the cabin. nothing that you would be crushed if forgotten though.

we took plum organic pouches with us and then took 2 off the ship with us at ports this way if little one got hungry and we were not near easy to access food she could eat one in her stroller until we got back to the ship or found food. Also, swipe a few boxes of cheerios from the buffet in the am and stash them in you room/diaper bag for port too.

disposable bibs

if you're still using bottles, bring extras in case they get lost

little amusements for the dining room (I brought ones that attached to the high chair/stroller with clips)

hat, plenty of sunscreen

swim diapers for shore if you're going to a resort or beach

scented bags for diaper disposal in the cabin

Plenty of patience.... agree with the inflatable pool too. There's several packing lists you can find pretty easily. I didn't forget anything that I missed.

I did end up getting off the boat and coming back with goldfish for her to snack on though. No much by way of baby snackies you can carry around with you available on the buffet.

I did learn that she loves all cheeses and black olives on the cruise.

I found it hard to keep up with the crazy variety of foods when we got back - no more endless buffets to satisfy her craving of the wonderful foods on the buffet.

If you can find a fan squirt (not sure what they are really called), it would be great for the hot days - mine gets irritable when she's hot and stuck in the stroller.

We did her first cruise when she was 1 and we're going again a week after she turns 2.

I'll second powdered pedialyte. My kids always get sick on vacation - fevers, stomach trouble, intestional distress - pedialye is hard to find when you NEED it. I don't leave home without it. Powdered gatoraid or other powdered sports drinks will work in a pinch.

Also I take a change of clothes/socks, disposable changing pad cover, disposable bib together in a sandwich size ziploc everywhere I go. Trust me on this and I'll spare you the gory details. My youngest is 6 and I still don't travel without the change of clothes, although I'm having a hard time getting them stuffed in a quart sz ziploc now, even just thin leggings and a light t-shirt.

When we cruise we make sure to have the following:

-Ziploc bags for dirty diapers (not needed now that the kids are out of diapers)

-Favorite snacks like goldfish, crackers and granola bars

-Lovies - we never leave home without them!

-Portable DVD Player and a couple movies (which is also helpful on the airplane)

-A few toys and books. Not only does it give them something to do in the cabin and at mealtimes, but it helps them to have something familiar, like their lovies.

Archived