Driving to Miami Airport

Crazyshopper

We will be leaving Legoland on Friday, March 16th between 4 and 5 pm to Miami airport to return our car rental. Which route would be the fastest and safest route. I am worried about rush hour traffic and any tolls that I need to be aware of.

Your help would be appreicated.

We will be leaving Legoland on Friday, March 16th between 4 and 5 pm to Miami airport to return our car rental. Which route would be the fastest and safest route. I am worried about rush hour traffic and any tolls that I need to be aware of.

Your help would be appreicated.

best way to go is rte 540 (cypress gardens blvd.) East to US rte. 27 South to Rte. 60 East to Florida's Turnpike south (toll Road) to I-95 south (exit 116) to Airport Expwy (rte. 112) to Miami Airport.

Hmmm....

Google Maps agrees with AAA about taking US27, except approaching Miami it adds, I-75, then Palmetto, then off again at US27.

http://g.co/maps/39jxx

If you come by the AAA route, ignore the part about 112. You come down US27 all the way, as near 112, you make a right hand turn on LeJuene Avenue (NW 42nd AVE).

You you leave Legoland by 4PM-5PM you should not encounter rush hour traffic in Miami.

There are no tolls on US 27 or on the Google route I linked.

Archived