Havensight Dock & First Time in STT

martyap

I've been reading these post and thanks for all the info.

I was able to research that the Summit docks at the West Indian Co. Dock in Havensight. Only one other ship in port this day & the Emerald is docking at Crown Bay.

If we wanted to head to the beach Sapphire would be a good choice at about $20 pp r/t via taxi. Is that the best choice for a few hours of sun & sand?

There seems to be plenty of shopping at the port? Is there much more to see in town and is it walkable from Havensight? How far? What direction?

Paradise Point is a nearby scenic overlook for great views and a cold beer. I've read about a tram but no idea where it takes you. Is PP near the port?

Thanks for any help.....

I've been reading these post and thanks for all the info.

I was able to research that the Summit docks at the West Indian Co. Dock in Havensight. Only one other ship in port this day & the Emerald is docking at Crown Bay.

If we wanted to head to the beach Sapphire would be a good choice at about $20 pp r/t via taxi. Is that the best choice for a few hours of sun & sand?

There seems to be plenty of shopping at the port? Is there much more to see in town and is it walkable from Havensight? How far? What direction?

Paradise Point is a nearby scenic overlook for great views and a cold beer. I've read about a tram but no idea where it takes you. Is PP near the port?

Thanks for any help.....

Tons of other very recent threads here on these topics if you use the search function you'll find more details.

Yes I highly recommend Sapphire, we spent a week there and loved it - great snorkeling, beach, water colors, and views of the islands. Active dive center and chair, snorkel gear, and floatie rentals. Small grill (Banana Cabana) serves sandwiches and drinks and there are runners on the beach for buckets of beer and pizza. This beach doesn't get as crowded as Magens and Coki but it is beautiful.

I would definitely recommend that you head for Paradise Point for a drink and a bite after PP overlooks the harbor (Havensight) and offers excellent views of the area. Great staff there and their signature drink is the Bailey's Bushwacker. They may have a band playing while you're there too. We renewed our vows at the gazebo up the hill and the girls all did a surfboard shot which they liked.

You can taxi there from Sapphire or take the tram up which also gives you great views. You can buy the tram tickets through your excursions desk for a slight discount. Or you can taxi up and just pay for the tram down, your choice. If you're docked in Havensight it's an easy walk from the lower tram station back to your ship and there is plenty of shopping at Havensight as well.

There are some older buildings to see downtown while shopping, it's a $10pp RT taxi from Havensight to CA. Otherwise many of the stores downtown are also at Havensight.

My idea of a perfect day on STT is beach time at Sapphire and ending the day at PP!

Havensight mall has many of the same stores as downtown. I see no need to shop downtown as it would be an extra cab ride. Sapphire beach is a perfect choice. If the weather is nice in the morning I go to the beach first and shop later in case it rains in the afternoon.

Yes I agree, head for Sapphire first and end the day with PP and any shopping at Havensight.

The one thing tha Charlotte Amalie offers is the experience of seeing it and the historical bldgs. But as Marie said it is another taxi ride and takes time from your itinerary. If you're just looking for some shopping Havensight is right there between the PP tram and your ship.

Archived