Any one recently stay at Bahia Mar?

beffiegirl

Just wondering if any one can tell me how the Bahia Mar is now that their Doubletree? I trying to decide if I should book them, good price $119. Or should I spend alittle more at Westin $209. I want that area. Just want a clean room and a nice pool. I was looking at Courtyard (beach area) $179 but the pool looks real small. Any input? Which would you choose? I have to decide soon, going April. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed there in December 2006 after getting it on Priceline and were really disappointed. Dumpy, musty and not clean feeling rooms. We are sailing out of FLL again in Jan '13 and would consider the Bahia Mar if the Doubletree improvements were substantial.

Would appreciate feedback about stays since it became Doubletree.

We were there in Jan of 2011. Right before it switched over to DTree. We were in a tower room which was very nice. The hotel has 3 levels of rooms. Tower is the highest cost and very nie views. Marina is along the intracoastal with views of the yachts. And the lower rated rooms on garden type views.

If you have a tower room, I know you will be happy with the savings compared to Westin's rates.

Head over to tripadvisor.com and read recent reviews. They are all very good as of late...even in the low rise bldg.

We have stayed in both the tower and marina view rooms (before change over to Doubletree). Both were fine. If you do get a marina view room, ask for one with a balcony. There are only 4 balcony rooms on each floor. The "garden" view rooms basically overlook the parking lot and are in the same building as the marina view rooms. We have also stayed at the Westin Beach hotel and the Courtyard Marriott. Personally I would prefer the Courtyard for the location even they are very close to each other. The pool area is very nice overlooking the beach and directly above Bubba Gumps.

Stayed at the Courtyard on the beach last Feb. Would definitely stay here again. Pool area was nice - pool was not that small. Location was fabulous. Go early and enjoy the beach and boardwalk.

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed there on March 23. We chose that hotel since South Beach hotels were $300+ and we were cruising the next day out of Miami. We flew into FLL and then taxied to Bahia Mar. Yes, it is now a Doubletree. We were not in the tower portion of the hotel but the older section. The rooms were definetely older but relatively clean. We had a balcony which was really nice. Best part of the room. There is a great overpass to the beach which saves trying to get across A1A. There is a great deli/store at the hotel which appeared to be very busy. We got coffee there along with other items. Lots of shops within walking distance. We got a good rate for $199 which was right on their website. Service was good and front desk very helpful.

That is correct, prices for South Beach are very high. Also try Hollywood/Halendale beach area for hotels. Lots of nice properties down in that area. Bob

The OP is asking about a Ft. Lauderdale hotel not a South Beach hotel. The Courtyard is very nice. I have stayed there twice and would not hesitate to stay there again. The pool is slightly below the deck that overlooks the beach and it is of decent size. I have not heard about how the Bahia Mar is since the change to Doubletree.

The OP is asking about a Ft. Lauderdale hotel not a South Beach hotel. The Courtyard is very nice. I have stayed there twice and would not hesitate to stay there again. The pool is slightly below the deck that overlooks the beach and it is of decent size. I have not heard about how the Bahia Mar is since the change to Doubletree.

My apologies. I see that your response was to the post just before yours in which the poster stated South Beach hotels were quite expensive...

Archived