Boat rentals for a novice?

kellieann5

We have rented those small motorboats in Mexico. That is the extent of our 'captaining' experience.

We want to rent one of those 15' boston whalers while in Bermuda in a few months.

It looks like Aquatic Rentals and Somerset Bridge both offer some instruction?

Have any complete novices done this? Stories?

We have used those people at the bridge many times, they are very thorough in explaining everything to you. They will give you maps and advice on where to go/not to go.

It is a wonderful day out, take snorkel gear if you have it, it is terrific to snorkel the wreck that it sticking out of the ocean......if you don't like to snorkel be sure to take some bread and just watch all the fish jumping up to feed !!!

The boston whalers are almost indestructible, so don't be worried!!!

Glad to hear you are going to book it, it is a terrific day out, don't forget plenty of sunscreen. If you can, pick up some drinks at a local supermarket (just down the road from the boat yard)....makes it a little less expensive than buying from the on-site convenience store!!! plus the supermarket will afford you the opportunity to pick up picnic makings! Have a great day out on the beautiful waters!

We have used those people at the bridge many times, they are very thorough in explaining everything to you. They will give you maps and advice on where to go/not to go.

It is a wonderful day out, take snorkel gear if you have it, it is terrific to snorkel the wreck that it sticking out of the ocean......if you don't like to snorkel be sure to take some bread and just watch all the fish jumping up to feed !!!

The boston whalers are almost indestructible, so don't be worried!!!

Hi, I wanted to know if you made a reservation with them via their website beforehand? I made two reservations with them via their website form with all the info asked but never received a call or reply back confirming it.

Do they e-mail you back to confirm or even let you know they received it? Rather frustrating waiting and wondering if they saved the reservation or not....

Thanks!

I have used Aquatic Bermuda a couple of times, and they always emailed me back. I like their larger catamarans, as they are a little more stable, and have a nice sun canopy for the back section of the boat, as well as a mini "head", which is pretty useful over the four hour rental period. They are good at teaching you how to use the boat and where to go. The general route lets you see all of hamilton harbour, the paradise islands, then out to Watford bridge to see the wreck of the vixen and snorkle or feed the fish. The half day really gives you more than enough time to see so much on the west side of the island.

Beachcat-pics.JPG

Hi, I have always made my reservation by phoning them! my scooter is always done on-line, i have found that different companies just work differently!

by phoning - they will also tell you that there is no charge/no cancellation if the weather is not cooperating (rare)....

Archived