Aft Cabin

Gonzo13

Here are my comments on aft cabins. (Not aft wraps, not aft "ish" balcony cabins...but true aft cabins):

That's exactly where we were - DH and I in January of 2010. Freedom 7446. Our first cruise...and I really wanted a balcony - but one large/deep enough to lay on a lounge chair and really relax.

We loved it. Our favorite was on port days, back in the cabin from a busy day on shore with a beer and some snacks from the lido (which is a quick two flights up on the stairs right near you) watching the ship leave port as the shoreline gets further and further away.

If you get an aft next to the wraps...you can take a peek around the partition (which is slanted...so you aren't THAT much of a voyeur)...and enjoy a view around the corner of the ship a bit also.

The only time others can see you is when you're standing up against the rail. You can be social with your neighbors, or keep to yourself. It's up to you.

Highly recommended.

In fact, I got an aft cabin for my girls and my cruise the next year on the Destiny!

Peg

Note: I've read the center two aft cabins on each deck are slightly narrower... and have a chair, not a full couch. fwiw

Archived