do the bathrooms have fans??

Silly question, but do the bathrooms have fans in them? I like to leave fans on in my hotel rooms to block out noise, so I can get some sleep. If not, I have to bring along my white noise maker. Thanks

I didn't notice a fan ( or hear one) in our bathroom. After every shower the mirror was always steamed up.....I'm guessing there probably wasn't a fan.

Silly question, but do the bathrooms have fans in them? I like to leave fans on in my hotel rooms to block out noise, so I can get some sleep. If not, I have to bring along my white noise maker. Thanks

I thought DH and I are the only ones that sleep with one of those things going while on vacation.. They do block out alot of noise. On our last cruise we had a balcony and slept wiith the door open. The ships that we have been on did not have fans in them!!! :D

I didn't notice a fan ( or hear one) in our bathroom. After every shower the mirror was always steamed up.....I'm guessing there probably wasn't a fan.

No there isn't a fan in the bathroom to control the fogging of the mirror. What we usually do is just leave the bathroom door open while showering, and turn the A/C on full blast. This helps a little bit, but then the person showering is cold until they dry off.

LOL, I thought this thread was to get ideas of how to "control odor" in the bathroom! LOL, for that, we bring along our can of lysol. :D

- The bathrooms all have a cold air return in them, so it's constantly moving air. But, not enough that you can hear it very well.

- The outlet in the bathrooms are hooked into the light switch. So, unless you leave the light on, it's useless. I have a battery operated motion detection night light (from Sharper Image) that we use for cruises.

judy & steve, what do you mean bring your power strip or batteries? Are there no outlets in the bathrooms or cabins? As if you couldn't tell, I'm a first time cruiser!

The only outlet in the bathroom is for a men's razor. The "electrical" outlet is by the Vanity/Table/Mirror/Chair area in the cabin. That's where we always plug in our multi-outlet plug thingie :)

Leahjade,

I have trouble sleeping at night in my own bed, let alone on a cruise or a hotel. There isn't anything that you could use as a white noise in your cabin. We have a ceiling fan over our bed that works for me when we are at home. When I travel, the first thing in the suitcase is the white noise alarm clock! I would put the white noise machine in my luggage first, even if you have a balcony cabin. I tried the opening the balcony door....... didn't work for me. I am hate to say this as I don't want to wish my sleep problems on anyone.... but it is nice to see that I am not alone.... I hope you have sweet dream filled nights aboard your cruise! Put your sound machine in the suitcase now!!!!

Archived