1st Time Cruiser – Caribbean Princess Review 2/19-2/26

RioWilson

Rio--I lot of people have not caught up to the fact that, on Caribbean cruises, it's just one island. Each night they move the ship about 30 degrees around the island and make you believe it's a different island. If you observe carefully after dark you may see the local merchants frantically moving their T shirts and jewelry to the next site.

Then the local merchants get on another cruise ship and head on up to Alaska.:) (Thanks for the laugh this morning.)

To the OP, I am so glad you enjoyed the cruise and congratulations on your financial success.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess for the Transatlantic and the first trip around the UK. This is a first time on the CB. From what I have read earlier this winter the Assistant Cruise Director is Dan. He was a new member of the Cruise Director's staff on the Ruby in 2009 and was fantastic. I hope that we can bump into him again.

A couple more things I forgot to put in my review that I just haven't seen elsewhere yet...

- Both the Sheraton and the CB had composite inputs on the Televisions. We take movies and TV Series on my iPod touch and a small cable that converts iPod to composite video (the yellow connector). This was a nice part onboard the CB as DW and I were in the middle of a Top Chef series and could watch an episode before bed.

- I really struggled with what shoes to bring. I ended up with 4 pairs - 1 was a black dress shoe used for dinners and shows, 1 was a pair of flip flops for bumming around the pool, one was a pair of tropical like boat shoes that collapse into almost nothing, and then my shoes for 90% of the time were the Keen Newport H2 Sandal. These were AWESOME and I could were them all the time. They were great because they could get wet too!

- Camera - We brought a disposable waterproof, and a standard digital. Because a lot of our excursions were water based, and with the occasional rain showers, next time I would invest in a waterproof digital camera. We had a waterproof case, but on several of the boat rides we were getting sprayed from the ocean and didn't want to bust out our digital to only get it soaked.

Then the local merchants get on another cruise ship and head on up to Alaska.:) (Thanks for the laugh this morning.)

To the OP, I am so glad you enjoyed the cruise and congratulations on your financial success.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess for the Transatlantic and the first trip around the UK. This is a first time on the CB. From what I have read earlier this winter the Assistant Cruise Director is Dan. He was a new member of the Cruise Director's staff on the Ruby in 2009 and was fantastic. I hope that we can bump into him again.

I think his name was, in fact, Dan. We *MUCH* preferred him to the actual CD though. The CD, whom we called "Australian Neil", while a nice enough guy, was just a bit too over the top for us. He could talk for 5 minutes straight without ever taking a breath or pausing at all. But to his credit, the entertainment on board was pretty good!

Archived