Concern for crowds at Nassau...what to do

vetpath09

Hello,

We are taking a short cruise in March. We had planned on snorkeling at Freeport and just lounging at Junkanoo in Nassau.

Just looked at ships in port that day and saw that there will be 4 ships in Nassau but only 2 ships in Freeport when we are there.

My big question is how crazy/crowded will Junkanoo be with 4 ships? Would it be better to spend a bit of money and go to one of the other beaches?

Thanks.

Hello,

We are taking a short cruise in March. We had planned on snorkeling at Freeport and just lounging at Junkanoo in Nassau.

Just looked at ships in port that day and saw that there will be 4 ships in Nassau but only 2 ships in Freeport when we are there.

My big question is how crazy/crowded will Junkanoo be with 4 ships? Would it be better to spend a bit of money and go to one of the other beaches?

Thanks.

Your also going at the height of Spring Break and Junkanoo is the designated party beach along with Cabbage Beach..

The least offensive beaches would be Sheraton, Hilton or Blue lagoon.

The rest will be crazy....

Your also going at the height of Spring Break and Junkanoo is the designated party beach along with Cabbage Beach..

The least offensive beaches would be Sheraton, Hilton or Blue lagoon.

The rest will be crazy....

Thanks for the response. We may flip and do a beach day at Freeport (2 ships) instead.

We were looking at a snorkeling trip and I saw that you had listed blueholewatersports as an inexpensive option. Are they a good/reliable company?

Thanks

Thanks for the response. We may flip and do a beach day at Freeport (2 ships) instead.

We were looking at a snorkeling trip and I saw that you had listed blueholewatersports as an inexpensive option. Are they a good/reliable company?

Thanks

yes, they are reliable. They are located on the grounds of the Hilton.. not far from port.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived