Star - February 19-26, 2012 Mini-review with Dailies

mousecrazy

we are about to leave on our cruise - 14 days away! this will be my first, and our honeymoon! i've recently heard some mixed reviews about the norwegian star, and after reading your account, i'm thinkin it may have been a long time ago. i'm so looking forward to this - thank you very much for your detailed review. MOST helpful!

Finally a review from someone with kids! We are sailing on the Star Thanksgiving Week 2012 with 3 small kids--ages 2, 5, and 8 (are we crazy??!!). I can't seem to find a whole lot on the kids clubs and had a few questions for you:

1. Were there certain times for kids club or is it pretty much open all day where you can drop off and pick up anytime?

2. Were there specific activities they did at specific times or basically just open play?

3. Were all age groups in same room just divided by age or different rooms for the different age groups?

Any info greatly appreciated!

we are about to leave on our cruise - 14 days away! this will be my first, and our honeymoon! i've recently heard some mixed reviews about the norwegian star, and after reading your account, i'm thinkin it may have been a long time ago. i'm so looking forward to this - thank you very much for your detailed review. MOST helpful!

Enjoy your cruise, we just got back (March 4) from being on The Star. Loved it.

The staff was friendly, the shows were good and the food was excellent. We ate in both dining rooms, snacked at the buffet, one late lunch at the outdoor grill and had one small meal at the Blue Lagoon. I enjoyed all the choices and found no need to pay for a specialty restaurant.

We enjoyed our excursions at each port.

Have a great time :)

Best Wishes on your upcoming marriage and honeymoon. I can't imagine you not having the time of your life on this cruise. Enjoy!

Finally a review from someone with kids! We are sailing on the Star Thanksgiving Week 2012 with 3 small kids--ages 2, 5, and 8 (are we crazy??!!). I can't seem to find a whole lot on the kids clubs and had a few questions for you:

1. Were there certain times for kids club or is it pretty much open all day where you can drop off and pick up anytime?

2. Were there specific activities they did at specific times or basically just open play?

3. Were all age groups in same room just divided by age or different rooms for the different age groups?

Any info greatly appreciated!

NO! You are not crazy for taking your three kids on a cruise. A cruise can be a stress-free, enjoyable experience for you all! Your kids will make friends and have a blast on the ship.

Keep in mind that the Kids Crew is undergoing an upgrade, so this information might not be valid come November.

1. The Kids Crew is open on Sea Days from 9am - 10:30pm. And on port days, the club will open at sail away until 10:30. There is also after hours care available for a fee ($6.00 per child per hour, additional kids in same family are $4.00 per child per hour) until 1:30am. You are free to pick up and drop off anytime, although it's nice to be on time for the scheduled activities. And, don't forget about the family events. I went to Dodgeball with my 10ds and we had a blast!

2. The Kids Crew is organized by age group (2-5, 6-9, 10-12, teens) and each has their own programming. Here's a link to a thread where I posted the Kids Crew programs.

3. During certain times (Freestyle Free Play) the different age groups will all be in the same room. But during the scheduled activities, the groups will be in different rooms (sometimes they use various parts of the ship, like the conference rooms on deck 12). The little ones always stay in the Kids Crew area on Deck 13. Some of the older kids will go about the ship, but always supervised. They do take all the Kids Crew (all ages) to the last night's main show in the theater.

Over the past five years, my kids have experienced all age groups in the Kids Crew and have enjoyed it each time. They have friends from previous cruises that they still keep in contact with. And the counselors are from all over the world and happily share their 'worldly' experiences with the kids adding a bit of a cultural touch to the fun.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

• 1 month later...

Nice review, glad there is people like you to post what I'm too lazy too. :o

Enjoyed the pics, but made me miss Cagney's among other things already. LOVED the eggs Benedict there.

DUH ....... silly me. The Garden Cafe is the indoor buffet. LOL..

Have a wonderful time, relax,eat at Moderno's so you can review it, I just booked it this morning for our June cruise. Take lots of pictures

• 3 months later...

Archived